Posted by jennie cribzon on Monday, May 21, 2012 at 9:47pm.
the diagonals of a rhombus are 24 meter and 18 meter find the area,length of a side and perimeter?
- maths - Jai, Monday, May 21, 2012 at 10:27pm
recall these properties:
-all sides of rhombus are equal.
-the diagonals of rhombus are perpendicular (forms four 90 degree angles)
-area of rhombus, if diagonals are given, can be calculated by
A = d1 * d2 /2
where d1 & d2 are the diagonal lengths
-side of a rhombus, if diagonals are given, can be calculated by
s = sqrt(d1^2 + d2^2)
*note that this is just pythagorean theorem
A = 24*18/2
A = 216 m^2
s = sqrt(24^2 + 18^2)
s = sqrt(900)
s = 30 m
P = 4*s
P = 4*30
P = 120 m
hope this helps~ :)
- maths - vivek, Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 12:16am
A=D1*D2 LIKE D=24 AND 18. SO 24*18=432. THEREFORE AREA=432 . AND SIDE= SQRT D1*2+D2*2 . SO GIVEN D1 AND D2 =24 AND 18 =SQRT 24^2 +18^2= 576+324 =900 THEREFORE SIDE= sqrt900=30.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - If the area of A rhombus is 240 sq. meter and perimeter is 68 meter, find...
- math - The area of rhombus is 42 meter square if its perimeter is 24 meter find ...
- maths - the length of the diagonals of a rhombus are 24cm and 32cm. the ...
- Maths - Diagonals of a rhombus are 6cm and 8 cm. Find the length of the side of ...
- geometry - The diagonals of a rhombus are in 2:1. If the perimeter of the ...
- math PLEASE HELP - 1. A rhombus has a perimeter of 96, and the length of one of ...
- math - The diameter of a hydrogen atom is about 5×10^-11 meter. Suppose 8.4×10^8...
- math - the length of the diagonals of a rhombus are in the ratio 3:4 if one side...
- easy GEOMETRY!! - 1.The perimeter of parallelogram QUAD is 10 more than 5 times ...
- geometry - 1.The perimeter of parallelogram QUAD is 10 more than 5 times AU. If ...