Posted by Laura on Monday, May 21, 2012 at 6:03pm.
I need to state the period and 2 consecutive asymptotes on the graph for the following questions.
1: y = -3 tan pi*x
period: pi (?)
2: y = 2 sec 4x
3: y = csc (x/3)
4: y = 3 cot (pi*x/2)
TRIG - Anonymous, Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 1:38pm
I ca help you with the first one as this is the only one I understand so far. Since you have pi*x in the tan, you have to take the pi and divide by the k of the function, which in this case is pi. This gets you a perio of one, meaning that there is a point at every single interval. The aymptotes are in between each interval. Since you have to get half way between each quarter of pi, there is an asymptote at pi/8 and then add pi/4 to find the other asymptotes there of. A few I found are pi/8, which is the first one, and (3*pi)/8. Hope it helps. If I find out how to do the other three problems, I'll help! :D
TRIG - Hack, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 6:10pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- trig - I need to state the period and 2 consecutive asymptotes on the graph for ...
- Pre-Cal(Please check) - 1) Find the Asymptotes: y = -2 sec 2pi x pi/2b and 3pi/...
- 12th grade Trig - What are the period and 2 consecutive asymptotes? 1. y= -3tan ...
- Math/Trig - Period: Asymptotes: Range: a) y= 2 sec (x) + 1 b) y= -2 csc (x - pi/...
- trig - Sketch the graph of one cycle of tan(x)(pi/2=1.5708) and give the ...
- Pre-Cal - State the transformations. Identify holes, vertical asymptotes, and ...
- Math - State domain, range, period, vertical asymptotes, zeros, symmetry and y-...
- Math - asymptotes - Identify all asymptotes. 1. y= 1 / 2-√x^2 - 3x the ...
- Math - Domain and Asymptotes - Given the following rational function: f(x) = (x^...
- grade 12 math - Given the function f(x)= x^3+8/x^2+-6, determine the eqaution of...