Posted by Alyssa Martinez on Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 8:18pm.
Can you help me with a few math questions please?
1)You are running in a race. It takes you 25 minutes to go 2.7 miles.
a.If you continue at this same rate, how long will it take you to go 6 miles?
b.What is your rate in miles per hour?
2)If the scale factor of a map is 1/8” is 12 miles. How far apart are two towns if they are 3 inches apart on the map?
3)12 is 36% of what number?
4)A sweater that originally costs $15 is on sale for $12. What is the percent decrease in the price?
- 4 Math questions! - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 8:24pm
25/2.7 = x/6
Cross multiply and solve for x.
25/2.7 = 60/x
2. Use a proportion to find the answer.
0.36x = 12
100(3/15) = _______%
- math - praise, Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 4:47pm
what is the unit rate for 2 miles in 12 minutes then how long would it take her to run 5 miles at the same rate?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Tiffany can run 12 miles in the same time it takes her to bicycle 72 ...
- Math - You train for A race by running at a speed of 6 mph. A) At this speed, ...
- math - It takes Tammy 45 minutes to ride her bike 5 miles. At this rate, how ...
- Math - I do not understand this problem, and I must write an inequality for it ...
- math - it takes 7 men 10 days to build a garage.Halfway through building the ...
- Math - Three pigs entered a race around a track. Piggly takes 6 minutes to run ...
- math word problems - nilsa is working on a 60 minute math test. there are 20 ...
- math - A 10 kilometer race is about 6.2 miles long. Teresa completes the race in...
- Math - Laurie and Anna are running a 3 mile race. After 5 minutes, Laurie has ...
- Math - The record for the Boston Marathon's wheelchair division is one hour 18 ...