Posted by skye on Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 8:27pm.
10/x^2-2x + 4/x = 5/x-2
3x/x+1 + 6/2x = 7/x
8(x-1)/x^2-4 = 4/x-2
check for any extraneous solutions! thanks!
- alg2 - Steve, Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 11:00pm
I'll do one, and you try the others. If you get stuck, come on back.
10/(x^2-2x) + 4/x = 5/(x-2)
x^2-2x = x(x-2), so that's the LCD. Multiply through to get
10 + 4(x-2) = 5x
10 + 4x - 8 = 5x
x = 2
Unfortunately, the original equation has (x-2) in the denominator, so it is undefined there. No solution.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Alg 2 - Solve the equation. Check for extraneous solutions. ln x + ln(x-2) = 1
- Algebra - solve the eauation check for extraneous solutions. log5 x=4
- algebra - what does it mean to solve and check for extraneous solutions for sqry...
- algebra - Solve the equation check for extraneous solutions 9[9-8x]=2x+3 please ...
- algebra 2 - Solve the equation. Check for extraneous solutions. 9|9-8x|=2x+3 can...
- Alg 2 - Solve the equation. Check for extraneous solutions. 10 ln 100x - 3 = ...
- math - Solve the equation check for extraneous solutions 6/6-4x/=8x+4 I used/ / ...
- Logs - Solve the equation and check your solutions. Note any extraneous answers...
- Math-Clarification - Identify any real and extraneous solutions for the ...
- Algebra 2 - solve each equation. check for extraneous solutions. sqrt(2x+1)+sqrt...