Posted by srikar on Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 2:23am.
1.Moving with uniform acceleration a body covers 150m during 10sec so thet it covers 24m during the 10th sec .What is the initial velocity and teh acceleration of the body.
2.A runner travels 1.5 laps around a circular track of 50sec .The diameter of the track is 40m and its circumferenceis 126m.Find a)average speed of the runner and b)the magnitude of the runner average velociy
- physics - drwls, Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 6:44am
Someone will gladly critique your thinking, when any is shown.
- physics - Elena, Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 5:11pm
s =vₒ•t +a•t²/2,
v(9) = vₒ +a•9,
24 =v(9) •1 + a•1²/2 =
=vₒ +a•9 + a•1²/2 =
= vₒ +9.5•a.
s =vₒ•t +a•t²/2 =>
150 = vₒ•10+ a•100/2 =
= 10• vₒ + 50•a.
24= vₒ +9.5•a,
150= 10• vₒ + 50•a.
45° = 90,
a = 2 m/s².
vₒ = 24-9.5 •a = 5 m/s.
Average speed = total distance travelled/ total time taken = 1.5•126/50 = 3.78 m/s,
Displacement is the distance from the starting point to the end point.
Average velocity = final displacement/total time taken = D/t = =40/50 =0.8 m/s.
Answer this Question
- physics - 1 a cyclist moving on a circular track of radius 100m completes one ...
- physics - a body moving with a uniform acceleration travels distances of 24m and...
- physics - A body moving with a uniform acceleration travels distance of 24m and ...
- science - a body moving with a uniform acceleration travels distance of 24m and ...
- physics - A body covers 30m and 40m during 10th and 15th second respectively. ...
- science - a body is moving with a uniform acceleration travels 24m in the 6th ...
- physics - a body moves with a uniform velocity of 2m/sec for 5 sec then velocity...
- Physics - A body moving with uniform acceleration covers 64.4 m in 7s and 110 m ...
- physics - the velocity acquired by a body moving with uniform acceleration is 12...
- Physics - A body covers a distance of 25m in the 5th sec of its motion and 40m ...