Posted by srikar on Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 1:32am.
1.A body with an initial velocity of 18km/hr accelerates uniformly at the rateof 9cm/sec2over a distance of 200m.Calculate, a)the acceleration in m/sec2 b)its final velocity in m/s
2.The distance travelled by a body moving with uniform acceleration in the nth second is given by Sn=3.8+0.4n,find the velocity of the body .
- physics - Elena, Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 5:51pm
vₒ = 18 km/hr = 18000/3600 = 5 m/s.
a = 9 cm/s² = 0.09 m/s².
s =(v² - vₒ²)/2•a.
v = sqrt (vₒ² +2•a•s) = sqrt(25 +2•0.09•200) =7.81 m/s.
- physics - Elena, Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 6:02pm
Distance traveled by a body in nth second is
Sn = u + (2n-1)•a/2.
If you know acceleration "a" you can find velocity "u"
- physics - Henry, Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 7:20pm
Vo = 18km/h =18000m/3600s=5m/s=Initial
1a. a =9cm/s^2 * 0.01m/cm = 0.09 m/s^2.
1b. V^2 = Vo^2 + 2ad
V^2 = 5^2 ++ 0.18*200 = 61
V = 7.81 m/s. = Final velocity.
- physics - saila, Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 1:49am
what is "sqrt" please can i know?????
- physics - Elena, Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 4:54am
sqrt=square root=quadratic root=second root
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- physics - 1. a car starts from rest attains a velocity of 36kmph with an ...
- physics - a body moves with a uniform velocity of 2m/sec for 5 sec then velocity...
- physics - 2.The distance travelled by a body moving with uniform acceleration in...
- science - ) A body with an initial velocity of 5ms‾¹ accelerate uniformly ...
- Science - A body moving with an initial velocity of 10m/s has a uniform ...
- physics - A body moving with a uniform acceleration travels distance of 24m and ...
- science - a body moving with a uniform acceleration travels distance of 24m and ...
- amet - PART A 1. The acceleration of a body along a straight line is given by (a...
- maths - the equation for the motion of an object with constant acceleration is d...
- math - a body moving with acceleration of 4 m/sec2 describes 60 m in the 8th ...