Posted by James on Friday, May 18, 2012 at 12:57pm.
A runner of mass 51.5 kg starts from rest and accelerates with a constant acceleration of 1.35 m/s2 until she reaches a velocity of 5.7 m/s. She then continues running with this constant velocity. (Take the direction the runner is going to be the positive direction. Indicate the direction with the sign of your answer.)
Physics - no question - Steve, Friday, May 18, 2012 at 2:10pm
can't give an answer with no question. All you have done is present some data.
Physics - James, Friday, May 18, 2012 at 3:59pm
Oh, sorry I forgot to post the rest of the question.
(a) How far has she run after 64.7 s?
(b) What is the velocity of the runner at this point?
Physics - Elena, Friday, May 18, 2012 at 6:06pm
v= a •t,
t=v/a =5.7/1.35 = 4.2 s.
The distance covered for this time is
s1 = a •t²/2 = 1.35 •(4.22)²/2 =12 m.
If 64.7 is the total time of the motion, then the time
of uniform motion is
t1= 64.7 -4.2 =60.5 s.
The distance for this time is
s2 = v •t1 = 5.7 •60.5 =344.9 m.
The total distance is s1+s2 = 12 +344.9 = 356.9 m.
If 64.7 sec. is the time of uniform motion, then
s2 = 5.7 •64.7 =368.8 m.
Therefore, the total distance is
368.8 + 12 =380.8 m.
The velocity at this point is 5.7 m/s as she runs at a constant speed.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A runner of mass 51.5 kg starts from rest and accelerates with a ...
- Physics - Runner A is running at a constant rate of 2.3 m/s when he passes ...
- physics - Runner A is running at a constant rate of 2.3 m/s when he passes ...
- Urgent physics help - 1. A runner starts at rest and accelerates uniformly at a ...
- Physics - During a rElay race along a straight ROAD the 1st runner on a three ...
- physics - Suppose runner A starts at the 0 degree mark on a circular track (...
- physics - A runner travelling at a velocity of 2.5 m/s[S] accelerates at a ...
- Physics - Runner A is initially 6.0 km west of a flagpole and is running with a ...
- physics - A runner traveling with an initial velocity of 3.0 m/s accelerates at ...
- Physics - Runner A is initially 5.3km west of a flagpole and is running with a ...