Posted by Bluesky on Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 7:34pm.
y= x^2 +4x-5
x intercept- 4?
y intercept- -5?
vertex-? I don't know how to find the vertex.
axis of symmetry?
Math does anyone know this? - Reiny, Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 8:13pm
for y-intercept , let x = 0
so y = 0+0-5 = -5
y-intercept is -5
for x-intercept , let y = 0
x^2 + 4x - 5 = 0
(x+5)(x-1) = 0
x = -5 or x = 1
the x-intercepts are -5 and 1
for vertex , complete the square
y = x^2 + 4x + 4 - 4- 5
= (x+2)^2 - 9
vertex is (-2,-9)
axis of symmetry: x = -2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - All parabolas are symmetric with respect to a line called the axis of ...
- geometery - 1.given the function y=x^2-4x+5,find the following: a.vertex b....
- Maths - Given the quadratic function y =3x^2+10x-8 (i)Find the y-intercept. (ii)...
- Algebra - Identify the vertex and the axis of symmetry for the graph of y=5(x-2...
- algebra 2 - what is the y-intercept, the x-coordinate of the vertex and the ...
- Troy - Can someone check my answers for the following problems. Simplify. Assume...
- algebra - 1)Find the exact solutions to 3x^2=5x-1 using the quadratic formula. ...
- maths - how do i find out the the equation of the line of symmetry for f(x)=ax^2...
- Algebra2.... - 1.) Y=-lx+1l+3 Are these correct? y-intercept=(0,2) x-intercept=(...
- algebra - I would like to have some help on this problem please. I'm so post to ...