Posted by doofn on Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 12:28pm.
1. Regarding management and leadership, which statement is
A. Leaders can be good managers, and good managers can
B. Leaders aren’t managers, and managers aren’t leaders.
C. Leadership and management are entirely unrelated.
D. Most effective managers aren’t good leaders.
2. On an organizational chart, span of control refers to the
A. number of departments in a company.
B. number of employees responsible for particular kinds of
C. skills a manager must have to supervise any number of
D. number of subordinates a manager supervises.
3. According to _______ theory, employees compare the inputs and outputs of other
employees doing similar jobs. Unfavorable comparisons may lead to slacking off on
their work or asking a supervisor for either an explanation or a raise.
A. equity C. reinforcement
B. MBO D. perceived fairness
4. Which of the following statements about Maslow’s needs hierarchy is correct?
A. Esteem needs must be satisfied before one strives to fulfill social needs.
B. Self-actualization is a growth need.
C. Safety needs are more basic than physiological needs.
D. Social needs are considered more important globally than security needs.
5. In an organizational hierarchy, which position is most likely to come under the category
of first-line management?
A. Factory foreman C. Plant manager
B. Head of the legal department D. Vice president for sales
6. In a labor-management dispute, _______ requires representatives of both parties to
argue their case before an unbiased third party whose judgment on the dispute is final
and binding on both parties.
A. an injunction C. arbitration
B. mediation D. amelioration
7. While _______ leaders plan activities and timelines and keep the group on task,
_______ leaders help diffuse conflicts and encourage cooperative effort.
A. formal; task C. informal; task
B. task; social D. social; task
8. The American Federation of Labor was formed under the leadership of
A. John L. Lewis. C. Samuel Gompers.
B. Uriah Stephens. D. George Meany.
9. Based on a _______ statement, a company sets long-term _______ mutually agreed
on by workers and management and, from these, sets specific, short-term _______.
A. mission; goals; objectives C. mission; objectives; goals
B. vision; objectives; goals D. vision; goals; objectives
10. The idea that people working at similar jobs requiring the same levels of education,
skills, or training should receive equal pay is called _______ worth.
A. equivalent C. consistent
B. equitable D. comparable
11. According to Herzberg’s research related to his two-factor theory, the highest-ranked
motivating factor turned out to be
A. peer and group relationships. C. sense of achievement.
B. pay. D. job status.
12. In a line-and-staff pattern of organization, which position is most likely to serve a staff
A. Plant manager C. Shift supervisor
B. Director of marketing research D. Chief financial officer
13. The researchers conducting the Hawthorne plant studies found that
A. productivity in the test room went up and down, depending on lighting and work
B. workers in the test room voiced complaints about being observed.
C. after being observed for a while, productivity in the test room declined.
D. the workers in the test room saw themselves as a social group.
14. Within an organization, the first step in human resource planning is
A. preparing an employee inventory.
B. conducting job analyses.
C. writing out job descriptions.
D. preparing job specifications.
15. If you carry out a SWOT analysis, you know that the “O” stands for
A. outliers. C. outlines.
B. opportunities. D. oddities.
16. When hired by Imp, Inc., Jake immediately began his job as an inventory clerk. He was
learning by doing in an approach to employee training called
A. apprenticing. C. on-the-job training.
B. employee orientation. D. vestibule training.
17. Following Herzberg’s findings, managers strove to make jobs more interesting. One
approach to this end, called job _______, involves combining several job tasks into a
single, more challenging task.
A. rotation C. autonomy
B. enrichment D. enlargement
18. In _______ planning, one assigns specific tasks, selects the people to perform them,
and specifies how they’re to be done.
A. strategic C. tactical
B. operational D. contingency
19. Among pay systems, the term variable pay usually applies to people who are paid
A. for each product they produce.
B. based on a percentage of their sales.
C. through bonus plans.
D. an hourly wage.
20. Under a flextime plan, ________ time is a period of the workday during which employees
are expected to be present and busy in the workplace.
A. fixed C. core
B. base D. flex
21. Which of the following statements about Theory Y is correct?
A. The average worker prefers to be directed.
B. Workers have to be pushed and controlled to do their jobs.
C. Most people work toward goals to make money and reduce fear.
D. Most people like work and find it as natural as play or rest.
22. The concept of reasonable accommodation is directly associated with
A. the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
B. Title VII.
C. the Age Discrimination Act of 1967.
D. the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993.
23. In a three-year study of bricklaying, Frank and Lillian Gilbreth developed a principle of
motion _______ by which every job could be broken down into elementary motions
A. economy C. efficiency
B. effectiveness D. energy
24. Manager Joe presents problems to his work group and gets suggestions before making
a decision. Joe’s management style is
D. a blend of autocratic and participative.
25. Which of the following illustrates intrinsic reward?
A. Jolie’s work is praised by her supervisor.
B. Clark gets a promotion.
C. Natalia finds her work personally satisfying.
D. Rodrigo is saving overtime pay for a trip to Miami.
- Management - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 12:39pm
How would you like us to help you with this assignment/test?
- Management - doofn, Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 12:48pm
I wanna know what's the best answer A OR B or C or D
- Management - Writeacher, Thursday, May 17, 2012 at 3:12pm
No one here will do your test/work for you, but we will check your work once you make your choices -- without guessing!
- Management - doofn, Friday, May 18, 2012 at 3:36am
I think I do have the right answer here
Please let me know if its right or no
- Management - doofn, Friday, May 18, 2012 at 3:48am
- Management - JCH, Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 10:38pm
4,5,7,8,9,10,12,18,20,21,22,23,24,25 are wrong
- Management - denise, Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 7:33pm
what are the answers for 4, 5, 7, 8. 9, 10, 12, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25
- Management - JH, Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 12:10pm
Uhm Management, a slew of your answers are incorrect - I mean more than half are
- Management - ?, Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 9:23pm
I need all the answers please
- Management - ?, Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 9:39pm
All the answers please
- Help me choose my dress!! - Help me choose my dress!!, Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 7:26am
I have done a bit of shopping around and internet hunting and found I really rea
- When to start wedding dress shopping - When to start wedding dress shopping, Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 4:18am
I feel like its a silly question lol, but when did you ladies start dress shopping?<br><br>
Just to ensure you have enough time to allow for alterations and I guess to allow time to order things in...other things I havent considered, etc haha. Whats a good time frame to work with?
Ive been engaged since late Aug 2012, and the wedding will be Feb 2014, at first I thought id wait until about mid 2
- When to start wedding dress shopping - When to start wedding dress shopping, Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 5:54am
I feel like its a silly question lol, but when did you ladies start dress shopping?<br><br>
- Management - Luis Hudtwalcker, Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 10:07pm
Question Numero 1 es (B) not all managers are leaders,and not all leaders are effective managers.
- Am I the only one who doesn't want a White Dress? - Am I the only one who doesn&amp;amp;amp;am, Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 8:51pm
We're most likely getting married outside, and around late morning. Even though it's a wedding...to me, a big white gown doesn't fit with the surroundings/situation. <br><br>
There are another reason why I don't really want a big white gown either. I don't wear dresses very often but when I do I always buy quality. Wedding dresses seem to be too expensive for the quality they a
- Management - Anonymous, Monday, April 29, 2013 at 1:04pm
I think I have the right answers to the above
- Management - Kylee , Friday, May 24, 2013 at 9:54am
The ones I have left blank are the questions I have not answered yet. But I am pretty darn confident in my answers.
- Our Favorite Dudool's Bridal Wedding Gowns - Our Favorite Dudool&amp;amp;amp;#39;s Brid, Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 12:07am
<strong>Bridal Wedding Dresses: Weddings Picks </strong></br>
We love couture gowns and high-end de
- Management - sana, Tuesday, June 18, 2013 at 9:58pm
- Management - sana, Tuesday, June 18, 2013 at 10:01pm
These are all correct answer I just passed this exams got 100 marks its guaranteed answers all 100 percent coorect .
- Management - Harley, Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 7:05pm
Can anyone confirm these are 100% correct?
- Princess Diana's Dresses were never as striking as - YouTube, Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 8:47am
Princess Diana's Dresses were never as striking as the stunning woman I met, says Jim Shelley <br>
- Karlie Kloss Runway Shows: Model Told She's "Too F - Karlie Kloss: I&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;am, Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 12:37pm
Karlie Kloss Told She's "Too Famous" to Walk in Runway Shows
August 8, 2013 AT 7:45P
- Management - Monica, Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 7:14pm
Yes, those are the correct answers.
- Management - franca, Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 6:31pm
Great job Sana, all the answers are correct.
- Management - Mellisa, Saturday, January 18, 2014 at 2:53am
Awesome Sana you did good!
- Management - star, Saturday, May 3, 2014 at 1:43am
All the above answers are correct except for #25. The correct answer is C.
- Management - Jujica, Friday, June 27, 2014 at 2:02am
All correct except for 25 is C
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- business - ok ive got pretty much my whole test done but am stuck on this one ...
- Accounting Associates - I have re and re-read all of the Leadership vs. ...
- business - Prepare a 1,750- to 2,100-word paper in which you address the ...
- Management - o Differentiate between management and leadership. o Describe the ...
- Management 330 - Please can you recommend two strategies that organizational ...
- management - Organizations refer to their upper managers and their boards as ...
- business - I was given a list of terms and supposed to match them up to the ...
- Business management quest - A college professor told her students, “The purpose ...
- management - What are the main differences in the responsibilities of top ...
- leadership - apply these theoretical perspectives to at least one specific ...