Posted by dw on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 4:50pm.
comparative and superlative adverbs
directions underline the adverb that compares in each sentence.
1- thomas makes pizza dough faster than kemmeth.
my son underline the word-(faster,than)
2- kenneth makes sandwiches more quickly than thomas.
my son underline (quickly,than)
3- michael prepares salads the earliest of all the chefs.
my son underline (prepares,earliest)
4-the sandwich is done sooner than the pizza.
my son underline(sooner,than)
5-which of the three boys worked the longest at mr.king's restaurant?
my son underline(worked,longest)
6-of the three boys,michael works most carefully.
my son underline(most,carefully)
directions-circle the correct word in ()to complete ecah sentence.
7-of all the students, george worked on his speech (harder,hardest).
my son circle (hardest)
8- jay speaks (loudest,louder)thann katie.
my son circle(louder)
9-katie speaks (more quietly,most quietly)than the teacher.
my son circle(more quietly)
10-george talked (more excitedly,most excitedly)of all the speakers.
my son circle(most excitedly)
11-jay talked (longer,longest)than katie did.
my son circle(longer)
12-katie spoke the (slower,slowest) of all the students.
my son circle(slowest)
i just want a check my son homework is right or not thank you
- 3 grade english ms sue - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 4:57pm
Omit than in each of the answers.
2. more quickly
3. Not prepares; it's a verb.
5. Not worked; it's a verb.
Everything else is correct. :-)
- 3 grade english ms sue - dw, Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 5:17pm
my son underline 3- earliest,chefs
my son underline 5- longest,restaurant
now check again is this right or not
- 3 grade english ms sue - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 5:21pm
Earliest and longest are superlative adverbs. Those are the only words that should be underlined in those sentences.
Chefs and restaurants are not adverbs; they are nouns.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 3 grade english ms sue - vowels:r-controlled directions replace the sound in ...
- 3 grade english ms sue - subject and object pronouns DIRECTION - write SP if the...
- 3 grade english ms sue - ADJECTIVES AND ARTICALES DIRECTIONS CIRCLE EACH ARTICAL...
- 3 grade english - directions- write each sentence. replace the underline word or...
- 3 grade english - they say write a sentence about something you like about stars...
- 3 grade english ms sue - adverbs direction make each sentence more specific by ...
- 3 grade english ms sue - srffixes rocky,foolish,rainy,childhood,selfish, ...
- understanding english 2 - write a sentence containing the indicated construction...
- 3 grade english - singular and plural pronouns direction revise each sentence. ...
- Language Arts - The directions are underline the nouns in the sentence and say ...