Posted by L on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 3:22pm.
Any help is appreciated!
What are Pendentives?
A)Free standing pillars
I'm not sure about this one. They are not A because they were not freestanding. D could be right because I've seen them described in such a way, but they weren't exactly domes. C could also be right because lintels are things that held up a structure, as did pendentives, but they weren't octagonal. So I would probably go with B.
The art that was practiced throughout Medieval Period was:
B)stained glass art
The following are the features of an ambulatory EXCEPT:
A)a walkway surrounding the church
B)contained niches with relics
C)allowed pilgrims to visit without disturbing the rituals
D)gave structural stability to the architecture
- Art - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 3:28pm
I agree with your answers.
- Art - L, Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 3:36pm
Great! Thank you!
- Art - L, Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 3:38pm
Can you help with one more thing?
The features of mosaic art include the following EXCEPT:
A)background is naturalistic
B)figures usually have stiff and stylized gestures
C)outlines are made clear and bold
D)the overlapping of figures is avoided
- Art - Writeacher, Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 3:46pm
I disagree with your last one.
- Art - L, Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 3:51pm
Well if that is not the answer then it would have to be A because C and D kind of go hand and hand.
- Art - Writeacher, Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 4:01pm
Yes, you're right.
There's nothing "naturalistic" about cement or mortar! Those are man-made things.
- Art - L, Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 4:06pm
Yes, that makes sense. Thank you!
- Art - Writeacher, Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 4:36pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP Calculus AB - Please Help! Thank you! An observatory is to be in the form of ...
- maths - A building is in the form of a cylinder surmounted by a hemispherical ...
- Calculus - Find the force on a hollow dome that is 1000 feet in diameter, that ...
- math - There is a square with each of itís side is of 2m. An octagonal is cut-of...
- math - the dome over a town hall has a parabolic shape. the dome measures 48 m ...
- Fine Art - 4. Which of the following has a surface covered with coffers? a. Bath...
- Art - Can a relief sculpture (three dimensional sculpture attached to a flat ...
- Calc 3 - The actual span of the base of the dome is 143 feet. 1) Use cylindrical...
- math - Using the Octagonal formula how do you get the 6th octagonal number 96?
- Ms.Sue,Religion - So by saying yes on the previous question on Islam does that ...