Posted by katarina on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 7:40pm.
1. Find the area of the region bounded by f(x)=x^2 +6x+9 and g(x)=5(x+3). Show the integral used, the limits of integration and how to evaluate the integral.
2. Find the area of the region bounded by x=y^2+6, x=0 , y=-6, and y=7. Show all work required in #1.
3. Find the volume of the solid generated by revolving the region bounded by the graphs of the equations about y=3. Show the integral and give an exact answer.
- calculus - Reiny, Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 9:44pm
There are 3 questions here.
You show no work , nor do you tell us where your difficulty is.
I will start you off with #1
we need their intersection points
x^2 + 6x + 9 = 5x + 15
x^2 + x - 6 = 0
(x+3)(x-2) = 0
x = -3 or x = 2
if x = -3, y = 0
if x = 2 , y = 25
from x = -3 to x = 2, g(x) > f(x), so the effective height
= 5x + 15 - x^2 - 6x - 9
= 6 - x - x^2
Area = ∫(6 - x - x^2) dx from x = -3 to 2
= [6x - (1/2)x^2 - (1/3)x^3] from -3 to 2
= (12 - (1/2)(4) - (1/3)(8) ) - (-18 - (1/2)(9) - (1/3)(-27) )
= 12 - 2 - 8/3 + 18 - 9/2 + 9
- calculus - Anonymous, Friday, April 1, 2016 at 7:56pm
the answer is 125/6 not 179/6 for problem no. 1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus check - The functions f and g are given by f(x)=sqrt(x^3) and g(x)=16-...
- Calculus - Let f be the function given by f(x)=(x^3)/4 - (x^2)/3 - x/2 + 3cosx. ...
- Calculus AB - Let R be the region bounded by the graphs of y=sin(pi x) and y=(x^...
- Calculus - The following definite integral gives the area of the region between ...
- AP Calculus AB - Which integral gives the area of the region in the first ...
- Calculus please help!!! double integral - Combine the following two integrals ...
- calculus - let R be the region bounded by the graphs of y = sin(pie times x) and...
- calculus - Use a double integral to find the area of the smaller region bounded ...
- Calculus - Find the exact area of the region enclosed by the square root of (x...
- calc 3 - 1. Evaluate the given integral by making an appropriate change of ...