Posted by Taylor on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 4:22pm.
two cities are 1,900miles apart. a map uses a scale of 3cm=500 miles. how many centimeters apart are the two cities on the map?
math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 4:27pm
Do this problem the same way I showed you for the last problem.
I'll be glad to check your answer.
math - Taylor, Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 4:30pm
31777777 repeatimg i don't know
math - Taylor, Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 4:38pm
math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 4:41pm
3/500 = x/1900
500x = 5700
x = 5700 / 500
x = 11.4 cm
math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 4:46pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A map indicates that two cities are 160 miles apart. The scale of the map...
- MATH - Scale 3 cm = 50 miles 1. Did you know Chillicothe was once the capital of...
- math - A map has a scale of 3 centimeters = 4 kilometers. If two cities are 8 ...
- Pre algebra - The scale on a map indicates that 1 inch represents 10 miles. If ...
- math - A map has a scale of 5cm=20km. If two cities are 17 centimeters apart on ...
- MATH - On a map, two cities are 634 inches apart. The scale of the map is 14 ...
- math - If a scale on a map is 2.5 cm to 30 miles..if two cities are 8 cm apart ...
- Algebra - Two cities are 5 1/2 inches apart on a map. The actual distance ...
- math - Two cities on a map are 2 and 1/4 inches apart. The cities are actually ...
- math - 6. There is an animal at the Toledo Zoo that needs to be transported to ...