Posted by Mohammad on Monday, May 14, 2012 at 6:44pm.
i need help with poem i not understand the last stanza and why it be so important. it also says by giving examples from poem, tell how poet tells the necessary qualities of all members of cat family. do his outlook also apply to humans?
it tells by describing them softmannered, musical in purr, fur being soft, silky and well-groomed. i not get if his outlook apply on human also.
The Prize Cat
Pure blood domestic, guaranteed,
Soft-mannered, musical in purr,
The ribbon had declared the breed,
Gentility was in the fur
Such feline culture in the gads
No anger ever arched her back--
What distance since those velvet pads
Departed from the leopard's track!
And when I mused how Time had thinned
The jungle strains within the cells,
How human hands had disciplined
Thoes prowling optic parallels;
I saw the generations pass
Along the reflex of a spring,
A bird had rustled in the grass,
The tab had caught it on the wing:
Behind the leap so furtive-wild
Was such ignition in the gleam,
I thought an Abyssinian child
Had cried out in the whitethroat's scream.
English - Ms. Sue, Monday, May 14, 2012 at 7:06pm
In the last stanza, the poet imagines that some time in the distant past a child in Africa (Abysinnia/Ethiopia) has been killed by an ancient cat.
Just as man has evolved, so have cats evolved from large predators to the gentle house cats of today.
English - Mohammad, Monday, May 14, 2012 at 7:18pm
thank you very much ms. sue :)
English - Ms. Sue, Monday, May 14, 2012 at 7:24pm
You're very welcome, Mohammad.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- language arts - IN the poem “Swift Things are Beautiful” by Elizabeth Coatsworth...
- English - I need to write a poem in the style of an American romantic poet. I ...
- English lit - I need to write a explication about this poem, can you help? A ...
- English-Friendship Poem - I've read through this friendship poem, and now I need...
- english.poem.i am offering this poem - which of the following statements BEST ...
- english - Which of the following statements BEST explains why "I Am Offering ...
- english - question on the poem road not taken 1. Which road does the poet choose...
- English - 1. Consider the events of the poem “Life Is Fine.” Based on what ...
- English - Thank you very much for helping me! Your information was really of ...
- litearture - do you know what's the titile of this poem? (Love is ill suited ...