Posted by Billy on Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 3:09pm.
Find the exact surface area and volume of a right square pyramid with a radius of 2 inches and a height of 6 inches.
- Volume and Surface Area - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 3:25pm
Does a pyramid have a radius?
- Volume and Surface Area - bobpursley, Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 3:38pm
Volume of any right pyramid:
Surface area depends on the shape.
area base + area of all sides
- Volume and Surface Area - Billy, Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 3:40pm
That's what I'm confused about.
The question that my teacher assigned clearly said "radius" and I'm not sure if I can apply that term as a "side".
- Volume and Surface Area - Billy, Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 3:42pm
Can I assume that the radius is the same as a side? Or do I double it?
- Volume and Surface Area - bobpursley, Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 3:51pm
Apparently, your teacher had a brain freeze on writing the problem. If it were me, I would work it as "side", and say so, and why. Sometimes teachers err.
- Volume and Surface Area - Billy, Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 3:58pm
Thank you very much for your help!
- Volume and Surface Area - mitshender, Friday, April 5, 2013 at 2:26pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Are these correct: 1a) Find the lateral surface area in square inches of ...
- Math - Are these correct 2a) For the cone, find the Lateral Surface Area in ...
- Math - 5) A frustrum of a cone has the following dimensions: height = 6 in, ...
- math - looking at a square pyramid, if the size of the base remains the same and...
- math - The volume of a pyramid varies jointly with the base area of the pyramid ...
- math - The volume V of a pyramid varies jointly as its height h and the area of ...
- math - surface area of a rightcircular cylinder. The area of a right circular ...
- Math ASAP - Height: 10 inches Base Perimeter: 40 inches Lateral Surface Area: ...
- Math--Volume and Surface Area - The volume of a cube is 125 cubic inches. Find ...
- Calculus - Find the radius, volume, and hieght of the right- circlar cylindar ...