Posted by John on Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 2:51pm.
The directions are incorrect. Not all the blanks will be filled with only a preposition.
Fill in the blanks with a suitable word or phrase.
1) I regret to inform you that you didn’t pass your FCE test.
2) Lucy dreams of going to live in Australia. The fire officer warned us against leaving the heater on.
3) I can’t afford to go on holiday this year.
4) She offered to drive me to the beach.
5) The boss threatened to dismiss me. The teacher made me rewrite the exercise.
6) I got my brother to lend me his new jacket.
7) I watched my husband wash the car from top to bottom. There's no use trying to persuade him to come.
8) They agreed tolet us go to the cinema. I don’t mind going out in this weather.
9) I’m not used to doing the washing every day. I’m waiting for Mark to finish his homework.
10) Can you remind me to switch off the printer?
In addition, when you use "to" when forming infinitives, it's not a preposition. It's part of the verb form.
These are infinitives:
to switch off
English grammar - 1. Fill in the blanks with suitable words. 2. Write the ...
English - Thank you very much for encouraging me to go on with my work! Here are...
English - Can you please check these sentences for me, please? Thank you very ...
English - You are going to take a quiz. I'll distribute exam papers. You ...
Foreign languages - We are looking for suitable accommodation in south-west ...
English - Posted by rfvv on Saturday, December 18, 2010 at 7:22am. A: Lunch is ...
Foreign languages - Writeacher, could you please check these sentences? Thank ...
English - 1. Referring to Mike's passage, complete the next passage about ...
Foreign languages - Writeacher, can you please check these sentences? 1) Joyce...
English - Thank you for your suggestions. Here is part of the exercise. 1) I b...
For Further Reading