The directions are incorrect. Not all the blanks will be filled with only a preposition.
Fill in the blanks with a suitable word or phrase.
1) I regret to inform you that you didn’t pass your FCE test.
2) Lucy dreams of going to live in Australia. The fire officer warned us against leaving the heater on.
3) I can’t afford to go on holiday this year.
4) She offered to drive me to the beach.
5) The boss threatened to dismiss me. The teacher made me rewrite the exercise.
6) I got my brother to lend me his new jacket.
7) I watched my husband wash the car from top to bottom. There's no use trying to persuade him to come.
8) They agreed tolet us go to the cinema. I don’t mind going out in this weather.
9) I’m not used to doing the washing every day. I’m waiting for Mark to finish his homework.
10) Can you remind me to switch off the printer?
In addition, when you use "to" when forming infinitives, it's not a preposition. It's part of the verb form.
These are infinitives:
to switch off
Answer this Question
English - You are going to take a quiz. I'll distribute exam papers. You should...
English - Can you please check these sentences for me, please? Thank you very ...
English grammar - 1. Fill in the blanks with suitable words. 2. Write the ...
Art - Could you please check these few examples? Thank you very much, ...
Art - Thank you very much! Here are some more sentences I'd like you to check ...
Foreign languages - Writeacher, do you know anything about English conversation ...
Foreign languages - We are looking for suitable accommodation in south-west ...
Foreign languages - Bob and Writeacher, I just wanted to inform you that my ...
English - Thank you very much for your corrections. Here are two sentences for ...
English - Posted by rfvv on Saturday, December 18, 2010 at 7:22am. A: Lunch is ...