Posted by Please help me on Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 6:10pm.
I would greatly appreciate it if someone would please be kind enough to take the time and show me how to work these problems. Thank you very much
Solve by finding y and graph using the slope and y-intercept:
3x-y=1(My answer -y=3x+1)which is wrong
could not graph it.
x-y=3 (My Answer y=x-3) which is wrong
could not graph it
3x-8=y(My Answer -6x+2y=-16)
graph (0,8) (1,5) which is wrong
Use the point-slope from of an equation to write the following in slope intercept form:
m= 3/8 point: (3,5) (I did not try this one at all)
- Math 8th Grade - Steve, Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 6:31pm
3x-y = 1
y = 3x - 1
x-y = 3
y = x - 3
3x-8 = y
y = 3x - 8
in each case, y=mx+b where m is the slope and b is the y-intercept.
now that you have the y-intercept, the x-intercept is where y=0
On the first one,
y = 3x-1
0 = 3x-1
x = 1/3
so, plot (0,-1) and (1/3,0) and draw a line between them.
Similarly for the others. just get the x-intercept and draw a line between the intercepts.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- 8th Grade Math - Can someone please help me with the following problems? I do ...
- math algerbra - i need help finding how to check my work i would appreciate it ...
- MATH 7th GRADE - Would someone please be kind enough to check the answers for ...
- Math - Theo made the table below to show the number of middle school students ...
- 3rd grade - Good evening ~ I have 2 questions. Kelsey was assigned math homework...
- MATH 7th GRADE - Would someone be kind enough to check the answers to these ...
- math - how do you solve the exponential equation, 12^x = 14^3x? If someone could...
- algebra - solve each exponential equation. Given the value for x 8^x=1/64 3^x=6 ...
- Communications - I am supposed to survey people because I am doing a research ...
- Calculus AB (AP) - Hi, I have a calculus test tomorrow and I understand how to ...