Posted by Sandra on Friday, May 11, 2012 at 1:32am.
A system is represented by the following equation:
2A(aq) + B(aq) --> 3C(aq)
At equilibrium, [C]=0.6 M. Calculate the value of K if initially 1 mol of A and 2 mol of B were placed in a 1 L flask.
- Chemistry - Dr Russ, Friday, May 11, 2012 at 10:50am
we will assume that the aqueous solutions fill the 1 L flask.
1 mol A + 2 mol B and 0 mol C
1-2x mol of A and 2-x mol of B and 3x mol of C
so x=0.2 M
K=0.012 (with no units)
- Chemistry - Brett, Monday, December 21, 2015 at 2:26pm
I am having trouble with this question so I decided to check online. The question sheet in which I got this question from came with an answer sheet, and it says the answer for k = 0.33. Another online source gave an answer of 0.024. I'm not sure what values are needed in the change row.
2A + B <----> 3C
INITIAL 1 2 0
EQUILIBRIUM 0.6 M
If 0.6 = 3x, x should equal 0.2? How is x affecting A + B?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - PLEASE fully explain these...I've already tried to figure them out ...
- Chemistry - 5.6 x 10-6 mol of A and 5 x 10-5 mol of B are mixed in a 200 mL ...
- PLEASE HELP CHEM!! - 5.6 x 10-6 mol of A and 5 x 10-5 mol of B are mixed in a ...
- AP Chemistry - The equilibrium constant for thermal dissociation of F2 F2(g)<...
- Chemistry - The following system is at equilibrium,at 699K in a 5L container. H2...
- Chemistry - Initially, 1.68 mol of PCl5(g) and 0.36 mol of PCl3(g) are in mixed ...
- Chemistry - Need help in AP chemistry on Equilibrium When heated, hydrogen ...
- chemistry - 1. A solution of sodium oxalate has a pH of 7.82. The [OH-] in mol/L...
- Chemistry - 4. 5.6 x 10-6 mol of A and 5 x 10-5 mol of B are mixed in a 200 mL ...
- Chemistry - Calculate the value of the equilibrium constant (Kc) for the ...