Posted by SoccerStar on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 5:22pm.
Please check my answers!
Vibrant is MOST LIKELY to be used to describe
a. an accident
b. a color
c. or an idea
(I think it's b but I'm not sure)
If on June 1, a father gives his son an allowance increase that is two months retroactive, then the son will
a. start receiving the increase in August
b. receive extra money for the previous months of April and May
c. get raise in June, but not July or August
(I think it is a but I'm not sure if I am right)
A good example of a reprieve is
a. exchanging defective merchandise for a refund
b. a soaking rain after a long drought
c. successfully completing a difficult task
( I have absolutely no idea on this one! I'm guessing b?)
- language arts - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 5:28pm
I agree with your first answer.
Your second answer is wrong. Please look up retroactive and reprieve in a dictionary.
- language arts - SoccerStar, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 5:44pm
Ok, for the second question, I think it is b now, am I right?
For the third, I know the definition is a postponement or cancellation of punishment; to bring relief to; a respite; a delay. So, now I'm kind of thinking the answer is c.
- language arts - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 5:48pm
You're right now about the second one.
The third one is tricky -- and I didn't see it at first.
I believe that in this sentence, reprieve means to be saved from the very dry weather. During a drought, plants dry up or grow very slowly. When the rains come, the plants are given a retrieve and many come back to life.
- language arts - SoccerStar, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 5:57pm
That makes a lot of sense! I understand completely now! Thank you!
- language arts - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 6:03pm
:-) You're very welcome.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Language arts(CHECK ANSWERS) - please help... Which of the following signal ...
- Language Arts - Iambic Pentameter - Please help me with the following: Which ...
- Language Arts - 1. Which of the following choices best describes the information...
- language arts check answers please(5 Qs) - please check my answers and thanks so...
- Science 8 - Check Answers - Please Check Answers. 4. When a fan is turned on, it...
- Language Arts Help! - Which of the following words would other memebers of the ...
- Language Arts - Need some help on the 2 sentences below. 1. Are you tired of ...
- Language Arts HELP - For what purpose does the author of "Why Leaves Turn Color ...
- Language Art (Please Check) - Im actually confused on this one i think its C. or...
- english..... please help me again. - please help me on my exam. to make good ...