Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 10:57am.
20) Which of the following is not a way to limit an internet, database, or card catalog search?
a) Using a plus sign (+) when searching
b) Using all CAPITAL LETTERS when searching
c) Using “quotation marks” when searching
d) Using a minus (-) sign when searching
writing - Writeacher, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 11:11am
I'll be happy to check your answer.
writing - Anonymous, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 11:35am
I believe the answers is C
writing - Writeacher, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 11:39am
You use + and - to specifically include or exclude particular words from your searches.
You use "..." to keep a group of words together in that particular order during a search.
Whether you type in all caps or all lower case makes no difference at all.
writing - Anonymous, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 11:40am
Sorry, I was think what would limit, thank you
writing - Writeacher, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 11:46am
You're welcome. =)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- conputer literacy - How is searching in a specific database, such as Ashford’s ...
- Literacy - A strong search strategy for a search engine would include which of ...
- educational and tecnology - A Boolean search can help you narrow down your topic...
- Education technology - A boolead search can help you narrow down your topic by ...
- English/Essay - Could someone tell me if I have done my essay the right way? ...
- Attention Smart People - Where can i find as much info as possible about ...
- gen/105 - Suppose you had to write a paper on academic honesty in higher ...
- English! - What is the relative effectiveness of Internet search engines versus ...
- Current Events - I nedd help finding articles about Supranationalism, Devolution...
- writeacher - Those are not part of my homework- those are parts of a research ...