Posted by Piggy on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 1:16am.
A 30-60-90 triangle is inscribed in a circle. The length of the hypotenuse is 12 inches. If a coin is tossed on the figure, what is the probability that the coin will land in the circle, but outside the triangle?
geometry - MathMate, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 9:19am
All right-triangles inscribe in a circle with a diameter equal to the hypotenuse.
Therefore for the 30-60-90 triangle, the radius of the circle is 6 inches, and the short side is also 6 inches. The height is 6sqrt(3), so the area of the triangle is
At=36sqrt(3)/2 = 18 sqrt(3) sq.in.
The area of the circle is
The probability of falling inside the circle and outside the triangle is therefore
geometry - Piggy, Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 10:50pm
the quesiton is land in the circle, but outside the triangle. Is it the probability is (AC - AT)/AC
81.22/113 x 100%
geometry - MathMate, Friday, May 11, 2012 at 8:08am
P(C\T) (probability inside circle minus triangle)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - A 30-60-90 triangle is inscribed in a circle. The length of the ...
- Math - A biased coin is tossed 3 times. The probability that the coin will land ...
- math - a fair coin is tossed in the air 4 times. if the coin lands heads up the ...
- GEOMETRY CIRCLE - 1.An isosceles triangle with each leg measuring 13 cm is ...
- GEOMETRY CIRCLES PLEASE - 1.An isosceles triangle with each leg measuring 13 cm ...
- Geometry - If a circle with center O has equilateral triangle AOB inscribed with...
- geometry - The radius of the inscribed circle is equal to twice the area of the ...
- calculus - There is a shape first a regular triangle inscribed in a circle, and ...
- GEOMETRY CIRCLES PLEASE - HELP ME PLEASE. 1.An isosceles triangle with each leg...
- GEOMETRY CIRCLES - 1. Ab is a chord of a circle with center o and radius 52 cm...