Posted by Jasmine on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 6:43pm.
15. In Langston Hughes’s short story “Why, You Reckon?” what motivates the narrator to get involved in a scheme to rob a white person? (1 point)
greed—he wants to earn more money in order to buy nicer things
hunger—he needs the money to buy more food
anger—he is angry at the separation of wealth between white and black
oppression—he wants to use the money to better his low status in life
16. A cleverly worded statement that reveals truth is (1 point)
17. In “Mending Wall” the neighbors meet in the spring to repair the wall. One speaker does not see the necessity of the wall, yet he is the one who repairs the wall throughout the year in order to maintain it. What is this figurative element called when a character seems to do the opposite of what is expected? (1 point)
- english - Anonymous, Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 8:00pm
c b c
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - I forgot to include the following statements. I really hope you can ...
- English - Thank you!! Could you check the things I wrote on the different kinds ...
- english - i need an example of a news report wrriten about the short story ''...
- English - Can you writeacher tell me if the following statements are correct. I ...
- English 11 B - Langston Hughes Questions: 1. Why does Edward hand over his ...
- English - Thank you very much for your corrections. Here are some more sentences...
- English - I left out the following statements. Could you please check them? Thak...
- english - story: why, you reckon? What argument does the other man use to ...
- English - My teacher asked us to write a poem in the style of Langston Hughes' ...
- English - Can you check the grammar in the following sentences, please? 1)The ...