Posted by Namie on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 5:06am.
I want to ask if the phrase is grammatically correct:
"the road more taken"
I know that there is a phrase such as "the road less taken", but what I'm not sure about the first phrase is the word 'more'. Not sure if it's the appropriate word.
Thanks in advance.
- english - Writeacher, Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 6:06am
It's OK, but would be better with the word 'often' in there after 'more.'
The phrase is a variation of one of Robert Frost's most famous poems:
The Road Not Taken
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Posted by rfvv on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 10:49pm. Posted by ...
- The road not taken - The poem of the road not taken could you help me with this ...
- English - "Studying about medicine" is important to a doctor. adverbial phrase ...
- English - Why is this phrase considered to be a phrase containing a regular verb...
- Englilsh - Identify each preposition and each prepositional phrase. 1. The first...
- English - This is what I think they are 1."Leaving their native land to colonize...
- English - The speaker in "The Road Not Taken" is a person who? A. Is lost in the...
- Poetry/English - I am STILL trying to find 3 poetic devices in the poem "The ...
- english - 1. The speaker in "The Road Not Taken" is a person who (1 point) is ...
- english - Identify the term that correctly identifies the capitalized word(s) in...