Posted by MM on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 1:48pm.
The new morals and manners of the 1920s were reflected in
A. women's fashion
B. the great migration
C. the new factory jobs
Americans responded to the Selective Service Act
A. with enthusiasm
B. with antiwar riots
C. by refusing to register
D. by becoming conscientious objectors
How did life change for American women in the 1920s?
A. Many women felt freer to experiment with bolder styles and manners
B. Married women found it much easier to balance careers and family life
C. Most women grew long hair and stopped using makeup
D. Women began to dominate the work force, often taking leadership positions
The Farmer's Alliance
A. lobbied for a graduated income tax
B. aggressively lobbied against the insurance
C. supported private ownership of the railroads
D. opposed the populist party
My answers: A,B, A & D
Part 2: At the turn of the twentieth century most Americans began reading Greek and Roman classical literature
True or false
Her settlement house helped poor people and new immigrants with necessities such as food and clothing and also served as a social service center
This late 1800s legislation resulted from nativism and primarily affected the Western part of the U.S.
A. Indian Relocation Act
B. Homestead Act
C. Dawes Act
D. Chinese Exclusion Act
Which of the following was NOT true of cowboys who traveled along the Chisholm trail?
A. They often had trial names such as "Teddy Bear" and "Busted Snoot Johnny"
B. They traveled along the trial in search of trading opportunities
C. They weren't affiliated with either Union or Confederate
D. they came from a variety of ethnic and national backgrounds
How did John D. Rockefeller gain control of the oil industry?
A. He formed a trust
B. He practiced horizontal integration
C. He joined a cartel
D. He practiced free trade
Nativism refers to theU.S. government policy toward native Americans during the late 1800s
True or False
My answers: True, A, C, A, B & False
Answer this Question
- U.S. History - The new morals and manners of the 1920s were reflected in A. ...
- History - The new morals and manners of the 1920s were reflected in A. women's ...
- US History - Why did congress pass a selective service act. Selective Service ...
- US History - 10. Which best describes the Great Migration? a. the increase in ...
- English - Whats Wrong with my thesis on Great migration? The Great migration was...
- SOCIAL STDIES HELP! - 1. Which of the following best describes the economy of ...
- history - During the 1920s, Women assumed new roles. List these roles; then ...
- history - which best describes the Great Migration? a.the increase in European ...
- history - When the First World War ended, Americans welcomed what they hoped ...
- hISTORY - Which of the following had the greatest impact on women's lives after ...