Posted by Elizabeth on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 12:15pm.
I need someone to check these questions. I know its a lot of questions.
2NH3 + Ag+ Ag(NH3)2+
a. What is the Lewis acid in this equation? [Ag+]
b. What is the Lewis base in this equation? [NH3]
Given H2SO4 is sulfuric acid, HNO3 is nitric acid, and H3PO4 is phosphoric acid, name the following:
a. HCl [Hydrochloric acid]
b. H2SO3 [Sulfurous acid]
c. HNO2 [Sulfurous acid]
d. H3PO2 [Hypophosphorous acid]
e. HNO4 [Pernitric acid]
f. H2SO5 [Persulfuric acid]
g. HI [Hydroiodic acid]
Write the formula for the conjugate base of each of the acids above.
[a. Cl- b. HSO3- c. NO2- d. H2PO2- e. NO4- f. NSO5-]
Describe each of the acids in question #1 as either strong or weak.
[Hydrochloric, Hyphosphorous, Pernitric, Persulphuric are all strong acids.]
Write the formula for tannic acid. [C76H52O46]
- Honors Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, May 7, 2012 at 5:34pm
1c. I'm sure you meant to type in nitrous acid.
1e. Several sites listed this as peroxynitric acid, one listed the IUPAC name as hydroxynitrate, and one as pernitric acid. I think pernitric acid follows the "rules" you've been given.
1f. Several sites listed this as peroxysulfuric acid but I think persulfuric acid follows the "rules" better.
2f is a typo? HSO5^-
- Honors Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, May 7, 2012 at 5:42pm
I wouldn't call H3PO2 a strong acid. The others you list are. In addition, HI is a srrong acid (stronger than HCl).
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry (please someone help) - lewis acid or lewis base? then draw the ...
- chemistry - In the reaction between CV+ and ľOH, one species is acting as the ...
- Chemistry - Which one of the following pairs of reactants would react together ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following is a Lewis acid? (For polyatomic species, ...
- chemistry - Which of the following is considered a Lewis acid or a Lewis base. I...
- chemistry - In the reaction CaO(s) + SO2(g) ---> CaSO3(s) (Hint: try drawing ...
- chemistry - In the reaction CaO(s) + SO2(g) ---> CaSO3(s) (Hint: try drawing...
- Chemistry(Please check) - 1) Which statement below is correct (true)? a) Since ...
- Organic chem - Classify each as a lewis acid or lewis base... A)H20 B)O2- C)Cu2...
- chemistry - the reaction between CV+ and -OH, which is lewis acid and lewis base...