Posted by Kathy on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 10:01pm.
Please check my answers and let me know if they are right or wrong.
1. Behaviorism as a means of studying the mind emerged due to the limitations of Introspection. Behaviorists examine:
>overt behavior.x (My Choice)
2. When Pavlovís dog salivated at the sound of the tone that is called:
>An unconditioned response.
>A conditioned stimulus. x(My Choice)
>A conditioned response.
>An unconditioned stimulus.
3. When a new neuron is formed, an electrical signal arrives at the __________ of the first neuron, causing the release of chemicals known as _____________________________. (
>Motor neuron, synaptic cleft
>Synaptic cleft, terminals
>xTerminals, neurotransmitters(My Choice)
4. Food for Pavlovís dog is an/a _____________ because it is elicits a response without training
>Unconditioned stimulus(My Choice)x
5. Why is Descartesís lifeís work so valuable a contribution to the study of learning?
>He was a brilliant mathematician and without his works we would never have understood philosophy.
>His published works of The Passions of the Soul
were revered by the Catholic Church.
>His work was the first to provide a detailed and mechanistic explanation for human behavior. (My Choice)xx
>He believed that human behavior was fundamentally unpredictable.
6. If the connections in the human brain are not fixed, meaning that they can be modified, in what way can that modification happen?
7. Olds and Milner (1954) performed experiments on rats to determine:
>the brainís role in human emotion x(My Choice)
>the brainís role in drug addiction.
>the brainís role in the tolerance of pain.
>the brainís role in narcolepsy.
8. What was significant and different about John Lockeís beliefs about the development of human ideas compared to those of his modern counterparts?
>Unlike his colleagues, Locke believed that all thought was generated by the brain at birth.
>Locke believed that the human mind was a blank slate at birth which required that all ideas must be acquired through experience. x(My Choice)
>Locke argued that science and theology were one in the same.
>Locke was convinced that each human was born with a large but limited number of thoughts that could only be acquired through experience.
9. Sigmund Freud was the first theorist to argue the limitations of:
>conscious analysis. x(My Choice)
10. Research by Penfield (1958) indicated that:
>experiments on the human brain using electrical stimulation caused physical pain.
>experiments on the human brain using electrical stimulation caused abnormal activity.
>experiments on the human brain
using electrical stimulation caused Epileptic seizures. x(My Choice)
experiments on the human brain
>using electrical stimulation caused specific thoughts and images.
- Psychology - bobpursley, Friday, May 4, 2012 at 10:17pm
2 is wrong. Salvia is a response.
10 is wrong. electrical stimulation caused specific thoughts and images.
- Psychology - Kathy, Friday, May 4, 2012 at 11:13pm
- Psychology - Anonymous, Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 1:50pm
>Motor neuron, synaptic cleft
Answer this Question
Case Management - I have to identify and discuss what approach (ego psychology, ...
PSYCHOLOGY - major schools of thought in psychology My answer to this is please ...
psychology - How would a psychologist who subscribes to the school of ...
Math - Please Check My Answer I don't know if they are right or wrong and if ...
business - can you please check my answers to the questions i realy need to ...
Psychology - I have listed approaches that I think would be most effective for ...
Algebra - Hi! I was wondering if anyone might be willing to check my answers for...
Math ~CHECK MY WORK PLEASE~ - Hello, Please check my answers, with stars (*) are...
psychology - . Which of the following is not an early school of psychology? (...
psychology - compare and contrast positive psychology with behaviorism. How do ...