Posted by Michelle on Friday, May 4, 2012 at 8:27am.
How do I differentiate
ln (2X^2 - 12X + Y^2 -10Y)
and the second differentiate it?
HELP ASAP is much appreciated
- Calculus - Bosnian, Friday, May 4, 2012 at 10:19am
wolframalpha dot com
When page be open in rectangle type:
derivative ln (2X^2 - 12X + Y^2 -10Y)
and click option =
After a few seconds , when you see result click option:
- Calculus - Bosnian, Friday, May 4, 2012 at 10:47am
second derivative is derivative of first derivative
on wolframalpha dot com type :
derivative 4 ( x - 3 ) / [ 2 x ^ 2 - 12 x + ( y -10 ) y ]
and click option =
- Calculus - Reiny, Friday, May 4, 2012 at 10:52am
If this were
2x^2 - 12x + y^2 - 10y = 0
it would be an ellipse and we could do something with it
I will assume that much
secondly I will assume you want dy/dx
4x - 12 + 2y dy/dx - 10dy/dx = 0
dy/dx (2y-10) = -4x + 12
dy/dx = (-4x + 12)/(2y-10) = (2x-6)/(5-y)
d(dy)/(dx)^2 = ( (5-y)(2) - (2x-6)(-dy/dx) )/(5-y)^2
I then substituted dy/dx with (2x-6)/(5-y) and got
( 2(5-y)^2 - (2x-6)^2 )/(5-y)^3
you could expand that but it would look messier.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- trigo help! - 1. differentiate cos(3/x) 2. differentiate sin(4/x) 3. ...
- Calculus - THANK YOU TUTORS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP Determine the intervals on ...
- Calculus - I'm having problems with this one. Can't get the right answer. ...
- calculus - I have been asked to solve this two different ways. The first way is...
- Math(Please check. Thank You) - 1) solve:e^x(x^2-4)=0 e^x=0 and then (x+2)(x-2) ...
- Calculus - I think I have the correct answers for the following problems. For ...
- calculus - Please can someone help. I need to use the composite rule to ...
- Differentiation - Differentiate the following (1) 12x^3 - 6x - 2 (2) 1/4x^4 - 2x...
- math - How can the teacher differentiate instruction when teaching number sense...
- Calculus - Hi, I'm having trouble using implicit differentiation to determine dy...