Posted by preshi on .
1. mass of flask + cap = 92.53 g
2. mass of flask + cap + condensate = 94.34 g
3. mass of condensate = 1.81 g
4. volume of flask = 160 ml
5. temperature of water = 99.3 celsius
6. barametric pressure = 757 ml of mercury
7.. molar mass of gas(experimental) = ???
8. formula of gas = C2H5OH
9. molar mass based on formula = ??
10. percent error (#7-#9/100)/ #9 = ????
PV = nRt where n = moles = grams/Mm
n : PV = gRT/ Mm
Mm: Mm = gRT/PV
Something is wrong but I don't know what it is. The numbers go in this way.
M = gRT/PV where P=757/760 = 0.996
M = 1.81*0.08206*(273.2+99.3)/0.996*0.160 but if the answer is supposed to be the molar mass of C2H5OH it isn't even close.