Posted by phil on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 12:08am.
A +50 micro coulomb and 30 micro coulomb charge are placed 50cm apart.
a)what is the direction and magnitude of thee electric field at a point P, in between them, that is 10cm from the 30 micro coulomb charge?
b)if an electron is placed at rest P, what will its acceleration be initially?
c)at what points along the line joining them is the electric field zero?
d)at what points along the line joining them is the potential zero?
- physics - Elena, Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 5:29pm
q1…………….<----- ------ x -->….q2
E2 P E1
E = k•q/r^2
E1 = k•q1/r1^2 = 9•10^9•50•10^-6/(0.4)^2 = 2,8•10^6 V/m,
E2 = k•q2/r2^2 = 9•10^9•30•10^-6/(0.1)^2 = 2.7•10^7 V/m,
E =E2 – E1 = 2,42•10^7 V/m.
a =eE/m = 1.6•10^-19•2.42•10^7/9. 1•10^-31 =4.26•10^18 m/s².
x distance from the 50 micro coulomb)
k•q1/x²= k•q2/(0.5 –x)²
Solve for x.
- physics - Elena, Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 5:30pm
k•q1/x = k•q2/(0.5 –x)
Solve for x
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - A +50 micro coulomb and 30 micro coulomb charge are placed 50cm apart...
- physics - 1) 2 spheres of equal diameters have 15 micro coulomb charge and -10 ...
- physics - A 35 micro coulomb point charge is placed 32 cm from an identical 35 ...
- Physics - A 35 micro coulomb point charge is placed 32 cm from an identical 35 ...
- physics - Three charges, +2.5 micro coulomb, -4.8 micro coulomb and 6.3 micro ...
- science - Three charges, +2.5 micro coulomb, -4 micro coulomb and 6.3 micro ...
- physics - Given two particles with 2.00 micro coulomb charges as shown and a ...
- Physics - Three charges q1, q2 and q3 lie along the x-axis. Charge q1=2.5 micro ...
- science - From the origin of an electric dipole, the charge is 25(micro coulomb...
- science - 3 identical point charges each one micro coulomb placed at vertices of...