Posted by Liz on Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 10:18pm.
3x + 4y = -2 and 2x - 3y = 10
- Algebra 1 - Anonymous, Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 10:28pm
many ways to solve this: substitution, graphing, system of equations, etc.
I prefer system of equations, so here you go!
2(3x + 4y = -2) 6x + 8y = -4
3(2x - 3y = 10) -(6x - 9y = 30)subtract
17y = -34
y = -2
plug in -2 for y into one of the equations and solve...
3x + 4(-2) = -2
- Algebra 1 - Reiny, Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 10:28pm
Are we finding the intersection of these two lines ???
if so then
multiply the 1st by 3 ---> 9x + 12y = -6
multiply the 2nd by 4 ---> 8x - 12y = 40
17x = 34
x = 2
plug that into the 1st
3(2) + 4y = -2
4y = -8
y = -2
x = 2, y = -2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - I am getting ready to start an Algebra class for the first time and I ...
- SHAY - THE MATH QUESTION IS IT ALGEBRA , PRE ALGEBRA' OR GEOMETRY? Quadriatic ...
- Algebra 1A - How is algebra a useful tool? what concepts investigated in algebra...
- Algebra I - So- im trying to help my little brother out with his Algebra- but ...
- Algebra-still need some help - Homework Help Forum: Algebra Posted by Jena on ...
- algebra 1 - at a certain high school,350 students are taking algebra. the ratio ...
- algebra - Is there a site or someone who can help me, im not getting the basic ...
- 7th grade - There are at least 5 more than twice as many students taking algebra...
- algebra 2 - Posted by hellogoodbie on Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 3:24pm. ...
- Algebra II - ok now this is an algebra 2 problem... I have goten far down to ...