Posted by Josh on Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 4:17pm.
Does atomic excitation occur in solids as well as in gases? Yes or No and Why?
- Physics Help - Elena, Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 5:06pm
Atomic excitation occurs in solids, liquids, and gases. Because atoms in a solid are close packed, radiation from them (and liquids) is smeared into a broad distribution to produce a continuous spectrum, whereas radiation from widely-spaced atoms in a gas is in separate bunches that produce discrete “lines” when diffracted by a grating.
Answer this Question
- Chemistry - All the noble gases except helium crystallize with fcc structures. ...
- Chemistry - Gases can be differentiated from solids and liquids because gases ...
- Physics - Why solids conduct better heat than liquids and gases ?
- Grade 9 Chemistry (2) - What is one way in which Noble Gases are different from ...
- science - what r 10 gases liguids and solids
- Helen - How do you know which elements are solids, liquids, and gases at STP?
- Science - Which foods contain solids,liquids, and gases?
- science - Which foods contain solids,liquids, and gases?
- 3rd grade - what are 10 different types of liquids,solids, and gases.
- Chemistry - what distinguishes ionic from moolecular or atomic solids