Posted by Dean on Monday, April 30, 2012 at 5:51pm.
Imagen Arquitectonica of Tijuana, Mexico is contemplating a major change in its cost structure. Currently, all of its drafting work is performed by skilled draftsmen. Alfredo Ayala, Imagen's owner, is considering replacing the draftsmen with a computerized drafting system.
However, before making the change Alfredo would like to know the consequences of the change, since the volume of business varies significantly from year to year. Shown below are CVP income statements for each alternative.
Sales $1,500,000 $1,500,000
Contribution margin 300,000 900,000
Determine the degree of operating leverage for each alternative. (Round answers to 2 decimal places, e.g. 10.50.)
Which alternative would produce the higher net income if sales increased by $100,000?
Using the margin of safety ratio, determine which alternative could sustain the greater decline in sales before operating at a loss.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Drafting - In architectural drafting, you would indicate a brick surface on an ...
- confused creative writing - In creative nonfiction, a quote is differentiated ...
- Statistics - A survey of 1,000 adult Americans included the following question...
- accounting - Shania Shelton, the owner, invested $105,000 cash, office equipment...
- accounting - For each of the following, indicate the accounting concept or ...
- accounting help - How to prepare this entries Preparing and posting journal ...
- Accounting- Help Please - Accounting Help-Preparing and posting journal entries...
- eng composition - Which statement is true? A. Once you write a thesis statement ...
- Algebra - The owner of the studio replaced the tiles last year. The tiles cost $...
- accounting - Why are internal controls and audit trails important in a ...