Posted by lilman on Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 10:21pm.
A balloon has a circumference of 22in. Use the circumference to approximate the surface area of the balloon to the nearset square inch.
Find the volume of the square pyramid.Round to nearest tenth if necessary.
The pyramid has a base of 24ft. and height of 15ft.
These are the only two problems I haven't been able to figure out. Would someone please help?
- area and volume - lilman, Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 10:44pm
Ibelieve the 2nd one is 1,728ft^3, but I do not how to do the balloon.
- area and volume - Steve, Monday, April 30, 2012 at 11:04am
c = 2pi*r, so r=c/2pi = 11/pi
a = 4pi*r^2 = 4pi(121/pi^2) = 484/pi = 154
v = 1/3 Bh = 1/3 (24^2)(15) = 2880
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - balloon has a circumference of 23 cm. Use the circumference to ...
- math - Okay. So i'm doing this project for my geometry class about different ...
- Math - A spherical balloon expands uniformly as it is inflated. The radius of ...
- Math - A spherical balloon has a circumference of 10 inches. If it expands to ...
- Calc - Air is being pumped into a spherical balloon so that its volume increases...
- calculas - i didnot under stand the question ? need help Gas is escaping a ...
- Calculus - Air is being pumped into a spherical balloon so that its volume ...
- calc rates - Air is being pumped into a spherical balloon so that its volume ...
- Physics - I need help on two problems :P 1. A spherical balloon is partially ...
- Calculus: need clarification to where the #'s go - Air is being pumped into a ...