Posted by lilman on Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 10:21pm.
A balloon has a circumference of 22in. Use the circumference to approximate the surface area of the balloon to the nearset square inch.
Find the volume of the square pyramid.Round to nearest tenth if necessary.
The pyramid has a base of 24ft. and height of 15ft.
These are the only two problems I haven't been able to figure out. Would someone please help?
area and volume - lilman, Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 10:44pm
Ibelieve the 2nd one is 1,728ft^3, but I do not how to do the balloon.
area and volume - Steve, Monday, April 30, 2012 at 11:04am
c = 2pi*r, so r=c/2pi = 11/pi
a = 4pi*r^2 = 4pi(121/pi^2) = 484/pi = 154
v = 1/3 Bh = 1/3 (24^2)(15) = 2880
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - balloon has a circumference of 23 cm. Use the circumference to ...
- Math - 5. Find the surface area of the cylinder to the nearest whole number. (1 ...
- math - Okay. So i'm doing this project for my geometry class about different ...
- Geometry - 9. what are the lateral area and the surface area of the cone shown ...
- Math - A spherical balloon expands uniformly as it is inflated. The radius of ...
- Math - A spherical balloon has a circumference of 10 inches. If it expands to ...
- surface and volume - A glass vase weighs 0.12lb, how much does a similarly ...
- Math Homework - 1) Given the side of a square pyramid is 6cm and the altitude is...
- MATH QUIZ PLS HELP!!! - 1.Find the lateral area of a cone with a radius of 7 ft...
- Math - A spherical balloon with a surface area of 36pi square inches is inflated...