Posted by john on Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 5:50pm.
thank you so much help with the problem. i have trouble solving part b of the problem you helped me with. it told me to give it as a percentage, I got 10% but it is wrong. can you please help me
Superman must stop a 190-km/h train in 180m to keep it from hitting a stalled car on the tracks.
part a)If the train's mass is 3.8×10^5kg , how much force must he exert (find the magnitude)?
part b)Compare to the weight of the train (give as %).
partc) How much force(in magnitude) does the train exert on Superman?
college physics - Elena, Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 5:09pm
(a) v=190 km/h =52.8 m/s,
a =v^2/2•s =(52.8)^2/2•180 = 7.74 m/s^2,
F = m•a = 3.8•10^5•7.74 = 2.94•10^6 N.
(b) Weight = mg = 3.8•10^5•9.8= 3.76•10^6 N.
(c) F12 = -F21 = >
F = 2.94•10^6 N.
@elena - john, Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 5:55pm
nvm, i did it wrong. i already got the answer its 79% thanks
@elena - Elena, Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 5:57pm
3.76•10^6 ..... x %
x=(3.76•10^6 /2.94•10^6)•100% =127.9%
@elena - Elena, Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 6:02pm
2.94•10^6 ..... x %
x=(2.94•10^6 /3.76•10^6)•100% =78%
It depends on what to take for the base for comparison
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - you have helped me so much, one more problem. Consider the following ...
- Math 141 - I am having trouble with this problem. perform the indicated ...
- Chemistry - Need help solving this problem. A 0.188g sample of unknown metal, X...
- math - I was given a problem 9x --- 15x I was told to simplify, I got 3y -- 5 I ...
- to ms.sue - you know when i told you that i had trouble with percentage? well ...
- math - What strategy did you use in solving this problem? 22. Suppose that you ...
- drbob222,math - I've written back for the one i'm having trouble with of the ...
- statistics - Help!!I have tried this several times and come up with wrong answer...
- Algebra - Once again, I have some confusing problems for math. If you know any ...
- algebra1 - could you walk-through the steps to solving this problem because I am...