Posted by lilman on Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 11:15am.
I really need some help, I don't fully understand. Exspecially with fractions, don't know how to enter them on calculator.
1. What is the approximate volume of the sphere?
524 m³ (my choice)
2. What is the approximate surface area of the sphere?
1,767 yd2 (my choice)
3. What is the approximate volume of the sphere if the surface area is 482.8 mm²?
2,042 mm ³
I don't understand this one.
4. What is the approximate surface area of the sphere?
5. What is the approximate radius of a sphere whose volume is 1,349 cm³?
- surface area and volume - Reiny, Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 12:59pm
you are dealing with two equations
1. surface area of sphere = 4π r^2
2. volume of sphere = (4/3)π r^3
notice all you need is the radius.
Since we cannot see your diagrams, #1, and #2 cannot be checked
3. given 4πr^2 = 482.8
r^2 = 482.8/(4π) = 38.42
r= √38.42 = 6.198
volume = (4/3)πr^3 = 997.53 , looks like a)
you must have the radius given to you, just plug into the formula
(4/3)πr^3 = 1349
r^3 = 1349/((4/3)π) = 322.05
r= (322.05)^(1/3) , the cube root of 322.05
= 6.85 (looks like b) )
fractions are really just divisions
e.g. 3/4 = 3 ÷ 4 = .75
you calculator should have a key for π
for powers look for key such as yx or a variation of that
to do 322.05^(1/3) I entered
to get 6.85447...
- surface area and volume - Hannah, Monday, April 28, 2014 at 8:40am
number 2 is wrong its b. 707 yd^2.
- surface area and volume - Hannah is right, Monday, April 27, 2015 at 9:10pm
1. 524 m^3 (A)
2. 707 yd^2 (B)
3. 998 mm^3 (A)
4. 451.9 km^2 (B)
5. 6.9 cm (B)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus (Parts A and B done, just help with C) - The radius, r, of a sphere is ...
- calculus *improper integrals* - A hole of a radius of 1cm is pierced in a sphere...
- Physics - Sphere 1 has surface area A1 and volume V1, and sphere 2 has surface ...
- calculus - A hole of a radius of 1cm is pierced in a sphere of a 4cm radius. ...
- math - The earth has a radius of 6,380 km. The formula for the volume of a ...
- Calculus - Hi there i am having some problems trying to do my calculus homework...
- Science - A drop of oil (volume 0.05cm3) is released from a medicine dropper on ...
- math: advanced geometry - if the surface area of a sphere equals the surface ...
- MAth - A sphere has a surface area of 28.26 in2. Find the diameter in inches, of...
- geometry - I am not sure I understand especially the part where it says "the ...