Posted by lilman on Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 11:15am.
I really need some help, I don't fully understand. Exspecially with fractions, don't know how to enter them on calculator.
1. What is the approximate volume of the sphere?
524 m³ (my choice)
2. What is the approximate surface area of the sphere?
1,767 yd2 (my choice)
3. What is the approximate volume of the sphere if the surface area is 482.8 mm²?
2,042 mm ³
I don't understand this one.
4. What is the approximate surface area of the sphere?
5. What is the approximate radius of a sphere whose volume is 1,349 cm³?
surface area and volume - Reiny, Sunday, April 29, 2012 at 12:59pm
you are dealing with two equations
1. surface area of sphere = 4π r^2
2. volume of sphere = (4/3)π r^3
notice all you need is the radius.
Since we cannot see your diagrams, #1, and #2 cannot be checked
3. given 4πr^2 = 482.8
r^2 = 482.8/(4π) = 38.42
r= √38.42 = 6.198
volume = (4/3)πr^3 = 997.53 , looks like a)
you must have the radius given to you, just plug into the formula
(4/3)πr^3 = 1349
r^3 = 1349/((4/3)π) = 322.05
r= (322.05)^(1/3) , the cube root of 322.05
= 6.85 (looks like b) )
fractions are really just divisions
e.g. 3/4 = 3 ÷ 4 = .75
you calculator should have a key for π
for powers look for key such as yx or a variation of that
to do 322.05^(1/3) I entered
to get 6.85447...
surface area and volume - Hannah, Monday, April 28, 2014 at 8:40am
number 2 is wrong its b. 707 yd^2.
surface area and volume - Hannah is right, Monday, April 27, 2015 at 9:10pm
1. 524 m^3 (A)
2. 707 yd^2 (B)
3. 998 mm^3 (A)
4. 451.9 km^2 (B)
5. 6.9 cm (B)
surface area and volume - The Grinch, Friday, May 6, 2016 at 11:44am
I got a 5/5. Go Mariners!
surface area and volume - anon, Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 2:37pm
"Hannah is right" was correct!
surface area and volume - School, Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 1:52pm
"Hannah is right" Is 100% right!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - I really do not want to fail this project, could anyone please help me ...
- algebra - use 1.9 as the radius for the sphere and answer the following 1-volume...
- Calculus (Parts A and B done, just help with C) - The radius, r, of a sphere is ...
- calculus *improper integrals* - A hole of a radius of 1cm is pierced in a sphere...
- Physics - Sphere 1 has surface area A1 and volume V1, and sphere 2 has surface ...
- Calculus I - The volume of a sphere is changing at a rate of 8pi cm/sec. What is...
- maths - K, Q1.A sphere of radius 5cm is lowered into a rectangular tank 50cm ...
- geometry - The volume of a sphere is 4,000 m3. What is the surface area of the ...
- calculus - A hole of a radius of 1cm is pierced in a sphere of a 4cm radius. ...
- Calculus - Hi there i am having some problems trying to do my calculus homework ...