Posted by Marcia on Friday, April 27, 2012 at 2:32pm.
A bug is placed on the road. t seconds after it is put down, the function is p(t) = -16tsquared + 64t, where p(t) is measure in feet. At what moment will the bug be 14 feet from where it began?
- Algebra 2 - visoth, Friday, April 27, 2012 at 3:59pm
p(t) same as f(x) basically jsut put in 14 for 7 in the equation but dont put it in for the t in p(t) solve out and that is your answer
p(t)=-16(14)^2 + 64(14)
- Algebra 2 - visoth, Friday, April 27, 2012 at 4:01pm
oh whoops i read the question wrong scratcch that
- Algebra 2 - visoth, Friday, April 27, 2012 at 4:03pm
oh okay here it is sorry about the above;
p(t)= - 16t^2 +64t
14= - 16t^2 + 64t bring 14 to other side and factor or use the equation -b = or minus square root of (b - 4AC)and divide by 2A and you should get what t is
- Algebra 2 - Damon, Friday, April 27, 2012 at 5:39pm
14= - 16t^2 + 64t
16 t^2 - 64 T + 14 = 0
8 t^2 -32 t + 7 = 0
t = [32 +/-sqrt (1024-224)]/16
= [32 +/- sqrt(800)]/16
= [32 +/- 20sqrt 2]/16
= [ 32 +/- 28.3]/16
= 3.76 on the way down
= .231 on the way up
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 1 - Jim shoots an arrow into the air. The height of the arrow in feet, t...
- Math - A rock is thrown upward from a bridge that is 88 feet above a road. The ...
- Algebra - A bottle rocket launches into the air. The equation h=-16t^2+64t+9 ...
- algebra - Formula given: H=7+70t-16tsquared. Ball kicked straight up from a ...
- math - A person standing on the roof of a building throws a ball directly upward...
- Math - Please help ! 1.)a catapult launches a boulder with an upward velocity of...
- math - A baseball is thrown straight up from the rooftop 192 feet high. The ...
- math/algebra - A kicker punts a football from 3 feet above the ground with an ...
- algebra - A ball is launched from a slingshot. Its height, h(x), can be ...
- algebra - the path of a rocket fired during a fireworks display is given by the ...