Posted by sweetbev on Friday, April 27, 2012 at 9:25am.
Create a 12- to 15 slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation for your chosen geologic feature.
Address the following:
· Describe the various geologic events that have occurred in the region around your feature.
· Describe the geological features and various types of rocks that formed in the area, such as mountains, craters, canyons, volcanoes, fault lines, or folds.
· What is the most prevalent rock type of your feature? Describe the rock type’s mineral composition.
· How old is your geologic feature? Estimate the absolute age of the feature, and discuss methods used to determine the age.
· What geologic event created your feature? Discuss the process of plate tectonics related to the formation.
· Explain the significance of igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks in your region.
· Describe the types of weathering and erosion processes that have likely affected the physical appearance of your feature.
· Describe any significant water, ocean, desert, or glacial features associated with your region, and the process involved with creating one of them.
· Explain what resources are abundant in the region and the importance and economic value of these resources to the region.
· In conclusion, explain why you selected this geologic feature for your presentation.
· Include graphics.
· Include details in speaker notes.
- geology - Ms. Sue, Friday, April 27, 2012 at 10:50am
How would you like us to help you with this assignment?
- geology - sweetbev, Friday, April 27, 2012 at 1:08pm
just needed a few ideas on how to start. I'm doing it on the grand canyon
- geology - Ms. Sue, Friday, April 27, 2012 at 3:28pm
Take each direction one step at a time.
1. Describe the various geologic events that have occurred in the region around your feature. How was the Grand Canyon formed?
Answer this Question
science - Create a 12- to 15 slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation for your ...
trig - A water-park slide covers 100 feet of horizontal space and is 36 feet ...
Business - 2. Assignment: Evolution of Business Presentation • Resources: Ch. 2 ...
bus 210 - create a 10 - 15 slide microsoft. power point presentation describing ...
nutrition - Create a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, ...
english - create a 10-15 slide presentation comparing and contrasting the roles ...
geology - How is a debris flow different from a rock slide
Teaching Special Education - (1) Create a PowerPoint presentation (PPT) that ...
Physics - A child with a mass of 83 kg is on top of a water slide that is 12 m. ...
physics - A water slide is constructed so that swimmers, starting from rest at ...