Posted by Now What Do I Do? on Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 5:01pm.
find the antiderivative of f(x) = x^3(x-2)^2
I factored this out and got
I'm supposed to integrate this. I don't know how. Someone help me please?
BTW, multiple choice options are:
- Integrating quadratics? - Now What Do I Do?, Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 5:04pm
Sorry, let me fix that. Multiple Choice options are:
A: 1/6 x^6 - 4/5 X^5 + x^4 + C
B: 1/6 x^6 - 4/5 X^5 + 1/4 x^4 + C
C: x^6 - X^5 + x^4 + C
D: x^5 - 4x^4 + 4x^3 + C
- Integrating quadratics? - Reiny, Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 5:50pm
I assume this is a continuation of
Please pick a "nickname" and stick to it, that way we can follow your posts easier.
You had asked for the anti-derivative, and I had replied with "integrate"
That is the more "mathematical" terminology.
To "integrate" something is the same as finding the "anti-derivative"
the derivative of 6x^3 + 5x - 2 is 18x^2 + 5
and the integral or the anti-derivative of 18x^2 + 5 is 6x^3 + 5x
btw, I had a typo in my expanded form, should have been
x^5 - 4x^4 + 4x^3 , I am surprised you didn't check that
so the anti-derivative or the integral of
x^5 - 4x^2 + 4x^3 is
(1/6)x^6 - (4/5)x^5 + x^4 + C , where C is a constant
clearly choice a)
(differentiate choice a) and see what you get, to verify the answer)
Answer this Question
- derivative am i right or wrong - what is the antiderivative of 1/(x^2-2x+2)? ...
- Calculus - Urgent!!! - In case this looks familiar, yes, it is a repost. I ...
- calculus help please - dy/dx = 2y^2 Integrating...y=2/3 y^3 + C put 1,-1 into ...
- Calc - Calculate the area bounded by the x-axis and the function f(x)= -(x-a)(x-...
- math - 32x^2y-64xy-4x^3y. When I factored out the GCF, I got 4. When I try to ...
- algebra - Find the zeroes of each function. State the multiplicity of multiple ...
- Math- please help - which expression is equivalent to 3/4x-24. It is a multiple ...
- calculus - a.) Given y=square root of (x) and y= (x) Find the area between two ...
- Algebra 2 - I am trying to factor a 4th degree polynomial that does not have any...
- algebra - (38) please help me figure this out. The multiple choice answers did ...