Posted by SoccerStar on Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 4:41pm.
What is an example of an allusion in Ray Bradbury's the Veldt?
language arts - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 4:46pm
He alluded to Barrie's "Peter Pan."
language arts - SoccerStar, Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 4:56pm
Yes, I know, because Wendy and Peter in Peter Pan lived in Neverland where there were no parents and the nursery kind of resembled Neverland, right? I'm just concerned my teacher will think that it's not plausible for an eighth grader to come up with that on their own. I was wondering if there were any others that seem more likely for my age?
language arts - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 5:00pm
I checked the internet and found several sites explaining that illusion.
language arts - SoccerStar, Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 5:07pm
Thank you so much!
language arts - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 5:19pm
You're very welcome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english 10 - m doing an essay of Ray Bradbury's 3 short stories "The Veldt" "The...
- Language Arts - Need some help on the 2 sentences below. 1. Are you tired of ...
- English - In my class we were reading a short story call The Pedestrian by ray ...
- Language - Read the poem and answer the questions that follow 1.There once was a...
- English - Why is it that Ray Bradbury wrote Fahrenheit 451 during the 1950s?
- Language Arts - Write an essay in which you analyze the importance of plot ...
- English - Has anybody read "A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury? I have, but I ...
- 7th Grade Help - where can I find short story Golden Kite Silver Wind by Ray ...
- Language Arts - I DON'T WANT YOU TO DO THE ESSAY. I just need an explanation on ...
- Language arts - 1. Write an essay in which you analyze the importance of plot ...