Posted by matin on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 12:07pm.
A projectile is shot from the edge of a cliff 125 m above ground level with an initial speed of 105 m/s at an angle of 37.0o with the horizontal, as shown in Figure 3-39. (a) Determine the time taken by the projectile to hit point P at ground level. (b) Determine the range X of the projectile as measured from the base of the cliff. At the instant just before the projectile hits point P, find (c) the horizontal and vertical components of the velocity, (d) the magnitude of the velocity, and (e) the angle made by the velocity vector with the horizontal.
- physics - Henry, Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 10:09pm
Vo = 105 m/s @ 37 Deg.
Xo = hor. = 105*cos37 = 83.9 m/s.
Yo = ver. = 105*sin37 = 63.2 m/s.
h = ho + (Y^2-Yo^2)/2g.
h = 125 + (0-(63.2)^2) / -19.6=328.8 m
Tr = (Y-Yo)/g=(0-63.2) / -9.8=6.45 s.
= Rise time.
a. h = Vo*t + 4.9t^2 = 328.8 m.
0 + 4.9t^2 = 328.8.
t^2 = 328.8 / 4.9 = 67.1.
Tf = 8.19 s. = Fall time.
b. Range=Xo*(Tr+Tf)=83.9(6.45+8.19)=1228.3 m.
c. Y = Yo + gt.
Y = ver. = 0 + 9.8*8.19 = 80.3 m/s.
X = hor = Xo = 83.9 m/s.
d. V = sqrt(X^2+Y^2).
V = sqrt((83.9)^2+(80.3)^2) = 116 m/s.
e. tanA = Y/X = 80.3 / 83.9 = 0.95709.
A = 43.7 Deg.
- physics - Lebron, Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 12:09pm
How do you do part C
- physics - curryhut, Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 3:05am
Vo = 105m/s theta= 37.0 degrees
Horizontal = 105*cos37 = 83.86m/s
Vertical = 105*sin37 = 63.19m/s
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 12th grade - A projectile is shot from the edge of a cliff h = 125 m above ...
- physics - a projectile is shot from the edge of a cliff h=145m above ground ...
- physics - A projectile is shot from the edge of a cliff h = 125 m above ground ...
- Physics - A projectile is shot from the edge of a cliff h = 225 m above ground ...
- physics - A projectile is shot at a 37 degree angle from the edge of a cliff h...
- PHYSICS H!!!! - NOT SURE WUT I M DOING WRONG--- SO HEREZ THE ? PLEEZE HELP ME...
- physics - A projectile is shot from the edge of a cliff h = 285 m above ground ...
- Physics - a) A cannonball is fired horizontally from the top of a cliff. The ...
- physics - A projectile is fired at an angle of 30ᵒ above the horizontal ...
- physics - a projectile is fired at an angle of 27 above the horizontal from the ...