Posted by kacey on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 8:45pm.
solve for x.
please help me with this one and show the work so i can understand
- math - muhammad, Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 4:27am
divide both sides of equation by 9
add 5 and -x on both sides
divide both sides by 3
- math - Correction - Steve, Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 10:58am
The instructions were correct, but the execution went awry:
divide both sides by 9
x-5 = (4x-5)/9 = 4x/9 - 5/9
add 5 - 4x/9 to both sides
x - 4x/9 = 5 - 5/9
5x/9 = 40/9
x = 8
final step -- check your answer:
x=0 does not work.
9(8-5) = 27 = 32-5
- math - visoth, Friday, April 27, 2012 at 1:32am
if i may say it would probably be easier and less complicated if you had follow PEMDAS instruction which tells you to take the equation on the left 9(x-5) and multiply it out first instead of dividing the two equation by 9. that way you get 9x-45=4x-5, subtract 4x from both side so you get 5x-45=-5 and then add 45 to both side to get 9x=40 and then divide by 9 so that you get x on it own to get 40/9 and you messed up the math a little near the endx-4x/9 wouldnt have given you 5x/9
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - 2. Simplify. Please be sure to show all of your work. -3(-9) – |-5 – 3 3...
- prealgebra - can you please help me and help me solve this and show work: ...
- 8th G-Math - Write an equation and show all work. One Monday, 405 students went ...
- mat115 - Please help me with this math question. I am asked to show my work but ...
- free will baptiste - i am trying to help my daughter with home work but dont ...
- College Math II - Solve the problem. If a manufacturer charges q dollars each ...
- University Math - If f (x) = (x^2+5x+2)^2, find f'(x). Find f'(5). Please show ...
- Algebra - Can you please solve this I don't understand I know the answer is b>...
- algr.1 - 1/4n+12>3/4n-4 solve the inequality and please show the steps I dont...
- Algebra - how do you solve this quadratic equation? tickets= -0.3x^2+12x+10 ...