Posted by mysterychicken on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 2:04pm.
4. The Earth's tectonic plates and earthquakes are related because
a. most earthquakes take place at or near tectonic boundaries
b. during an eruption, the plates slip past one another
c. of the measure of energy released by the earthquake, called magnitude
d. an earthquake creates slippage of the tectonic plates
B or D..
10. Each of the following is an example of a parasite EXCEPT
a. a roundworm in a human's intestine
b. a cow in a pasture
c. a tick on a cat
d. a mistletoe on a tree
16. Which of the following models would you use to represent the shape of Earth's surface beneath the oceans?
20. Temperature and precipitation affect the plants that grow in a certain climate because
a. they determine the quality of the soil where the plants will live
b. they control the insects that cause damage to plants
c. plants need a certain range of temperature and precipitation to survive in a particular area
d. all of the above
Answer this Question
- science - 1. Why do earthquakes occur along the San Andreas Fault? a. Two plates...
- science help - 1.Why do the islands of Indonesia have many volcanoes and ...
- science - 1. The image above shows the Andes Mountains. Which of the following ...
- Geological Events - In 2005 and 2006, several major earthquakes occured in ...
- Geology - I know that Divergent margins, also known as rifting or spreading ...
- Physical Science - How do we know that tectonic plates move? Describe how ...
- sci 207 - The idea of tectonic plates shifting across the earth’s surface is ...
- science - what move tectonic plates around earth?and how does it move the plates...
- Physical Science - If I live in Oklahoma, what tectonic plate do I live in? How ...
- Earthquakes - Can subduction zone earthquakes be caused by recent wet weather? ...