Posted by Urgent PleaseHelp on Monday, April 23, 2012 at 8:25pm.
So far I have done this. Please tell me the next steps. Thank you.
- Math Help - Reiny, Monday, April 23, 2012 at 9:01pm
x = y-4 , sub in y=3x
x = 3x - 4
x - 3x= -4
-2x = -4
divide both sides by -2
x = 2
sub into y=3x
y = 3(2) = 6
x = 2, y = 6
your second last line
should have said:
Y = 3(y-4)
y = 3y - 12
-2y = -12
y = 6, just like I had mine
- Math Help - Bosnian, Monday, April 23, 2012 at 9:03pm
y = 3 x
y - x = 4
3 x - x = 4
2x = 4 Divide both sides by 2
x = 4 / 2 = 2
y = 3 x
y = 3 * 2 = 6
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math,help,factoring - i need help i don't know how to do the next step. factor ...
- math,finite mathematics - this is what i have so far for the following problem ...
- Math - OK, I have had trouble with math, 'C' average, and we are learning ...
- English - Mr Carter says we can't tell people about the steps in the sand. He ...
- Math - (x+20)(x-9)(x+10)>0 Please help? I'm stuck...need to find the solution...
- Math - for (sec x -1)(sec x + 1) = tan^(2) x so far I got up to: (sin^(2)x / ...
- Chemistry - Oligonucleotides can be synthesized, one nucleotide at a time, by ...
- Grade 9 Algebra Question 2 - 2. PYRAMIDS When climbing an ancient Mayan pyramid...
- Math 9 - 5 x 10^n = 5 Can someone please tell me the steps to solve for n? thank...
- Algebra - Hi I am learning about rational expression and so far I am pretty good...