Posted by Tommy on Friday, April 20, 2012 at 10:33pm.
Yesterday I posted this number that I don't understand. There was a mistake in the question,this is the right one:
∫ (5^(3/x) - (x^8 + 9)^1/3 ) / 3x^2
will u, for sub. be = x^8 + 9?
Then du is = 8x^7 dx
x^7 dx = 1/8 du
- Integral calculus - Reiny, Friday, April 20, 2012 at 11:00pm
As Steve mentioned yesterday for this same question, the 5^(3/x) is a stopper.
I put your expression in the Wolfram integrator with the necessary changes in brackets, and frankly I don't even want to understand their answer.
- Integral calculus - Steve, Saturday, April 21, 2012 at 5:41am
Actually, I have to reconsider.
If u = 5^(3/x)
du = ln5 5^(3/x) (-3/x^2)
we have the form, and we end up with
∫ (5^(3/x) - (x^8 + 9)^1/3 ) / 3x^2 dx
= -1/(9ln5) ∫ u - (x^8 + 9)^1/3 ) du
The show stopper is that ∛(x^8+9)
- Integral calculus - Tommy, Saturday, April 21, 2012 at 10:59am
Thank you both for taking your time to try this :)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- someone explain to me! - the third term of a geometric sequence is t3= -75 and ...
- Integral calculus - Hello, this is the last question from my homework that I get...
- Health - I posted this question yesterday and I got confused. The determinant of...
- Calculus 2 correction - I just wanted to see if my answer if correct the ...
- Calculus - Evaluate the following definite integral: integral at a = -1, b=2 -...
- calculus - Suppose R is the rectangle 1<=x<=4, |y|<=2 and evaluate the ...
- Math integrals - What is the indefinite integral of ∫ [sin (π/x)]/ x^...
- COLLEGE CALCULUS. HELP! - Evaluate the definite integral ∫(0,2) (x-1)^25 ...
- Calculus - Evaluate the triple integral ∫∫∫_E (x+y)dV where E ...
- Calculus - Evaluate the triple integral ∫∫∫_E (x)dV where E is...