Posted by Matthew on .
I urgently need to revise a few sentences containing reflexive pronouns. I really hope you can help me.
1) I was last proud of myself when I won a swimming competition.
I (once) blamed one of my friends for telling me a lie.
2) I depend on my parents. I’m still dependent on my parents because I’ve never had any work experience. When I’m of age, I’ll leave home. (??).
I’m independent of my parents.
3) I last felt sorry for a friend of mine because she broke her arm/when his father died.
4) Have you ever been ashamed of yourself? Yes, once. I was last ashamed of myself when my teacher wrote me a reprimand/when my teacher caught me cheating/ when my teacher caught me talking with another student during the lesson./ when I fell in front of my schoolmates/when I told a lie to my best friend.
5) I have been ashamed of myself (correct: I was (last) ashamed of myself) when I lost a football match/when my teacher threw me out of the class/when I fell down the stairs.
6) Once I had to wait for a friend of mine for an hour. When he arrived, I blamed him for arriving late.
4) Have you ever been ashamed of yourself? Yes, once. I was last ashamed of myself when my teacher wrote (remove "me") a reprimand/when my teacher caught me cheating/ ...
All else is correct.