Posted by Julie on Friday, April 20, 2012 at 2:57pm.
Determine the derivative of each function
A1) y = e^x(Sin²x)
A2) y = e²Sin²x
B1) y = (x³ + 1)e^-2
B2) y = (x² + 1)e^-2
C) y = x²(theta^Sinx)
- Calculus grade 12 - Damon, Friday, April 20, 2012 at 3:09pm
I am not going to do all these
if y = u(x) v(x)
then dy/dx = u dv/dx + v du/dx
u = e^x so du/dx = e^x
v = sin^2 x so dv/dx = 2 sin x cos x
dy/dx = 2e^x sin x cos x + e^x sin^2 x
= e^x sin x ( 2 cos x + sin x)
- Calculus grade 12 - Julie, Friday, April 20, 2012 at 4:11pm
Could you help me for these two:
b) y = (x²+1)e^-4
c) y = x²(e^Sinx)
Please & Thank you.
- Calculus grade 12 - Damon, Friday, April 20, 2012 at 6:36pm
e^-4 is a constant
x^2 d/dx (e^sin x) + 2 x e^sin x
x^2 (e^sin x)cos x + 2 x e^sin x
x e^sin x [ x cos x + 2 ]
- Calculus grade 12 - Julie, Friday, April 20, 2012 at 9:33pm
The answer for b) is e^-4(2x) ?
And everything after that is for c) right. So the final answer for c) would be xe^sinx(xcosx + 2)
- Calculus grade 12 - Julie, Friday, April 20, 2012 at 9:34pm
In part c) for xcosx could you simplify that or do you keep it as xcosx? Thanks
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus grade 12 - Determine the derivative of the function (² = square): a) y...
- calculus - Could someone check my reasoning? thanx Find the derivative of the ...
- Calculus - determine the absolute extreme values of the function f(x)=sinx-cosx+...
- Calculus - Find the derivative of each 1) y = e^x(Sin²x) 2) y = (x²+1)e^-4 3) y...
- Calculus grade 12 - a) determine the derivative of y = sin2x b) determine the ...
- Calculus - I need to find the slope of the graph of the function at the given ...
- Calculus grade 12 - Determine the equation of the tangent line to the function f...
- Calculus grade 12 - solve for (<_ = less than or equal to / pie = pie sign...
- Calculus - Finding critical numbers g(theta) = 16(theta) - 4tan(theta) I can ...
- Calculus Help Please!!! - find the derivative of the function. Simplify where ...