posted by Laruen .
I have a worksheet for which is due tomorrow and my teacher is grading it. I'm having trouble with 3 questions (it have 7 questions) please help me.
1. Why did the western farmers oppose Spanish and French control of New Orleans?
2. Why was Toussaint L' Ouverture important to Haiti?
3. Why was the US able to buy Louisiana at low price?
PLEASE help me!
1. The farmers were Americans and were afraid that the Spanish and French would control the port of New Orleans and charge them a tariff.
3. France needed the money and didn't want a large territory within North America.
Thank You!!! :)
I'm have other 3 that I want you to check to see if they are correct. BTW - I have one more question I have trouble with.