Posted by ALFREDA on Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 3:07pm.
I need to find the class midpoint, boundaries and class with for the following problem
Tar Cigarette Filter Frequency
I did the midpoint and boundaries
But for the width I got an answer of 1.25 can someone please let me know if I have the problem correct.
- statistics - MathGuru, Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 7:03pm
Class limit is 11 - 20
Class midpoint is (11 + 20)/2 = 15.5
Class boundary is 10.5 - 20.5 (.5 below and .5 above)
Class width is 20.5 - 10.5 = 10
I hope this example will help.
- statistics - ALFREDA, Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 11:04pm
No it didnt I just wanted to know if I was correct that's all thanks for nothing mathguru
- statistics - MathGuru, Friday, April 20, 2012 at 7:12pm
The example was meant to show you how to do the problem without doing it for you.
You are correct on the midpoints.
You are missing the lower class boundaries.
You are missing the class widths for each class.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- statistics - for mu homework, we are making histograms. on the assignment, we ...
- statistics - Use this table to complete the tasks that follow it. Height (in ...
- statistics - Use this table to answer the questions. Height (in inches) ...
- Stats - Use this table to answer the questions. Height (in inches) Frequency 50...
- stats 101 - how do you find the lower class limit,upper class limit, class width...
- Statistics- Math - If a specific class in a frequency distribution has class ...
- Business - In a frequency distribution, what is the number of observations in a ...
- Statistics - The relative frequency for a class is computed as: A. class width ...
- statistics - why is the range 31.57 - 34.03 is not a good choice for class ...
- Statistics - A manufacturer of a low-tar cigarette claims that their cigarettes ...