Posted by Hannah on Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 2:19pm.
.50 - x / x = 3.20e-1
I need to solve for x. I was going to do .50 X 3.20e-1 and then take the square root but this is not correct. I am not sure what to do. Thank you for your help.
Math(Please help) - Reiny, Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 3:18pm
You probably meant
(.50 - x)/x = 3.2 e^-1= 3.2/e
.50 - x = (3.2/e)x
(3.2/e)x + x = .5
x(3.2/e + 1)
x = .5/(3.2/e + 1)
multiply by e/e
= .5e/(3.2 + e)
multiply by 10/10
= 5e/(32 + 10e)
So I have to multiply 5e by 10 which would be 50e and then multiply (32+10e) by 10?
Math(Please respond) - bobpursley, Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 7:17pm
Hannah: Professor Reiny solved it for you.
calculate that. Or if you cant, put this in your google search window
I understand. If the number was 2.49e-1 I would do the same thing, so it would be 10*e / (249 + 10*e) = ?. Is this correct?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math(Please help) - .50 - x / x = 3.20e-1 I need to solve for x. I was going to...
- Math(Please respond) - .50 - x / x = 3.20e-1 I need to solve for x. I was going...
- Chemistry - .50 - x / x = 3.20e-1 I need to solve for x. I was going to do .50 ...
- Algebra - Use the quadratic formula to solve the equation. Give exact answers: ...
- Can someone please check my answer for chemistry - Compelete the following ...
- algebra - could someone please check these roblems for me and if they are not ...
- algebra - 1.)correct 2.)wrong---> the first term is wrong 4(3a^2)^2 = 36a^4 3...
- Algebra - Hello Reiny, please check these problems for me and if they are not ...
- Pre Calc - Solve 0=e^3x-9e^2x+20e^x
- Pre Algebra - Please help me with some problems. Thank you! Solve the equation ...