Posted by lilman on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 10:37pm.
Identify the appropriate punctuation for the phrase in () in the sentence;
The song (You Are My Sunshine) always cheers me up.
quotation marks (my choice)
single quotation marks
none of the above
Identify the sentence in which the word or words in () are punctuated incorrectly.
Pam was (well prepared) for the debate.
She had (read three quarters) of the material more than once. (my choice)
She has always been (self assured).
The winner needs a (two-thirds) majority of the votes.
Please help check my work
- grammar - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 10:39pm
Your first answer is right, but your second one is wrong.
- grammar - lilman, Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 10:41pm
Would it be the two thirds
- grammar - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 10:50pm
The only one I think is punctuated correctly is the last one -- two-thirds.
- Grammar - Emalee, Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 4:35pm
I think the answer would be A. Pam was well prepared for the debate. (it should be well-prepared). :)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Identify the appropriate punctuation for the underlined word or phrase...
- english - Which sentence uses italics, quotation marks, and punctuation ...
- English - e.g. I'm here on the ORBIS plane,"the flying eye hospital." (In this ...
- English - In the sentence... Paul often wrote poems in the evening. He also ...
- grammar - ( The Gift of the Magi ) is O.Henry's most famous short story. should ...
- need help - what are italic words in paragraphs???? In English, we use italics ...
- QUOTATION MARKS - Question 12 Put ________ around a person's exact words. ...
- QUOTATION MARKS - 13.Use ________ for direct quotes. quotation marks hyphens ...
- English; Punctuation - Do you always put a comma before you use quotation marks...
- Grammar - Which sentence contains an item that is either incorrectly in ...